Used 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Consumer Reviews - 156 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

First one and I love it
By DAMN SKIPPY

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I traded in her stratus for an 05 Grand Prix GT and couldn't be happier about the decision. I drive a Mustang 5.0 and I feel like the power from the V6 is quite comparable. The front seats are super comfy and I feel very "in control" with the HUD and the many other features on the console. Although, I wish that the back seats had more head room. It would make it easier to get our infants car seat in and out. All in all, I am satisfied with this car and hope to trade in for a new one in the future.

Power, HUD, seat warmers, low external noise, and sweet dashboard design.

Maybe just a few inches of rear seat head room. Other than that, this car is flawless

Nice looks and powerful engine but...
By Josh

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The looks of this car is what sold me. Beautifal car. I was looking at an 2002 Trans Am, but couldn't find one in good enough shape for the price. Bad things - at 40,000 intermediate steering shaft needed replaced, I guess this is standard as I have seen it many times in other reviews. Leaks from either the windsheild seal or from the antena are common. Water comes through the front dome light, luckily right into the cup holder. Brakes have become horrible, pads are at half wear and squeel noticeably loud, probably due to the drilled rotors. Significant rattle coming from the undercarriage, maybe exhaust? Only happens when in 'Drive', shift to neutral and the noise disappears.

Paddle shifting is fun, especially headed out on the interstate and at stop lights. 303hp V8 puts me back in my seat when punching it. The color and stock wheels make it pop. Classic dash, reminisent of the old T/A's.

Of course the interior really lacks. Being the top of the line GP, I would think more would have gone into it. I don't mind the FWD V8, but I am sure most would have like to have seen the power in the rear-end. 225's in back and 255's in front? What's that all about?

Love my car
By Samantha

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My GP is my "first" car. I learned to drive in SUVs and trucks, and I usually hate cars b/c they feel so small, but my GP is very roomy, one of the few cars that my dad, who is 6"5', can fit in pretty comfortably. My car handles absolutely great, very sensitive to whatever the driver does. I live in a very hilly and curvy area and the car does the roads great. Although 5 people fit in my car just fine, it isn't really a "family" car.

Very attractive exterior and interior. I love how the dash is designed with the driver in mind, curving around you; and the red lighting is great. Stereo great, AC and heater great. Features (windshield wipers, cruise control, etc.) easy to use. Power and acceleration are awesome. And my trunk is huge.

A little less plastic-y interior would be nice, and maybe a differently designed glove department, but that's it.

Not worth what i payed for it
By sullyhaute

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The interior design is cramped. I am only 6 ft. tall and I feel like i am way too big for this car. It will get up and go, but that is about the only thing good I can say, I have already had to replace turn signal bulbs, the paint is peeling off the front bumper and mirror covers. I had to replace exhaust clamps, I have to take it in for re-aligning. I would expect this from a old beater car. but this car still only has about 62,000 mile to date.

color

seats are to high. Better paint quality

Great car
By Danfm1

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The car is amazing - Pontiac has really improved their products and it can easily challenge foreign cars. The turning is tight, the engine provides plenty of power while sipping gas, there are no rattles and the interior quality is great. It's safe, good looking, and a great ride.

Heads-up-Display, Red backlit gauges, power sunroof, powerful yet efficient v6, smooth shifting transmission, fast acceleration, comfortable seats, Computer information system is amazing, Steering wheel controls, controls and buttons pointed in towards driver instead of straight ahead

Front underneath the bumper should be connected differently instead of snapping into place.