2005 Pontiac Grand Prix - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:
good car
By Happy Owner on 08/03/06 11:41 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This has been a great car. When I look at comparable vehicles I feel I kept $10,000 in my pocket and have a safe, fun, powerful American car. Buy American had better become a way of life in this country or it will no longer be our country!

Dark Cherry GXP
By Brian on 06/11/06 07:32 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Lots of power with torque-steer, I always say hold on when you put the pedal down. Over-all it's a fun to drive but it does drink fuel even it you drive it normal. Road ruts created by the large trucks seem to whip the car from side to side. My 03 chev had no problem with the ruts, this car does. I'm totally shocked that I need to repair my front brakes at only 25,000 miles considering 90% of the miles are HWY driving and that I really am gentle on my brakes.GM not willing to do anything about the brakes even so it's still under warranty.

Get Back into NASCAR
By Blacksheep on 05/27/06 11:40 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This is my second GTP Supercharged. I had a 97. Reliability on both cars (97 & 05) is terrific. Having a fold down front seat has come in handy more then once. I replaced the mufflers with Flow Masters and new exhaust tips. $400 and the car sounds like it wants to go and looks better from the back. My son-in- law replaced the air filter with a K&N filter. My only regret is that I did not know a V-8 was on the way. Pontiac needs to get back into NASCAR. I plan to stay with Pontiac and if it goes the way of Olds I will leave GM. No matter what you do to a Buick it is still the car my 89 yr old father drives and many more like him. No thanks!

Comp G
By Comp G on 04/28/06 14:15 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Excellent choice. Only problem I had was with shaky headlights. Problem fixed with TSB. Very well powered for an average 24.5 MPG. Head room space is tight as well.

Pretty Nice Car
By adamb on 04/22/06 22:08 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is overall a great car. I get tons of looks while driving this car up and down the streets of my city. I think that these seats are really comfortable, almost on the level of my ma's lexus. This car corners like a dream. Taking 25mph corners at 60 is fun and a breeze. (yeah im only 20 so this is something i do on occasion:)) The engine is great. Beat a newer mustang off the line last week, im sure he was happy about that. I think that the build quality could be better. lots of rattles. Also, have had it in the shop all last week for a problem with it not running right sometimes in the morning. Im not sure what this is, but they said the computer was out of date in it.

GXP
By commander on 04/13/06 08:22 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I hav owned this car almost a year and have loved it since day one. This is not one of those cars that you will regret owning several months later.

Great ride
By Mark on 02/16/06 11:31 AM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Car Is the greatest in this class. Preformance is mind blowing. I have never driven a car in this class with this much power. Extras are just right. handles like a true sports car.

Lots of looks
By Larry Carson on 02/12/06 22:13 PM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my GXP in Octber of 2005. I love this car. I get a lot of looks and finger pointing. My wife said it makes me look and act younger. Very fun car to drive.

Uncompromising Sport and Utility to Boot
By dpdevil16 on 02/01/06 10:03 AM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The car's looks and amazing versatility make this a vehicle that should stand out, especially for a sports sedan. What other vehicle in its class can boast being able to store a 10-foot 2x4, PVC tubing, or a Kayak inside the vehicle with all doors closed? The suspension meets a fine balance between sportiness and confort, while the acceleration is enough to arouse a the Indy racer in all of us. The Grand Prix is certainly a far cry from the midsized coups of yore and is a great utility vehicle and road cruiser. I am happier with my purchase every day that I drive it. I've yet to find a dislike.

love it
By Ben on 01/31/06 13:50 PM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My Grand Prix is the best car I have ever owned. I enjoy the comfortable ride along with the great gas milage. The power is always there if I need it.