Used 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

A good ride
By B at 45

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My GT has been trouble free. Original tires wore quicker than I thought they should, but Goodyears I bought holding up good. I've been very pleased with the gas mileage for this size of car. 17-31 MPG. Alot of remote start in Chicago winter or Phoenix summer and mileage obviously drops. 65 MPH on interstate and 30 MPG. 85-90 MPH on interstate and 25-26 MPG. Over 68500 miles and still on original brakes. I'll need them soon, can feel rotors have a shimmy during hard braking. Like the oil management system, saves oil, have gone 9000 miles on a couple of changes. This is a great highway vehicle. Quiet and quick when it's needed. Good in snow when lived in Chicago. Great AC now in Phoenix.

MP3 CD player. heated leather seats. Driver information system helped when I picked up a nail. Warning tire going low so I had time to get to right lane before needing to head to shoulder. Electric Sun Roof with interior shade. Fold down seats for trunk pass through. 90 degree open rear doors.

The car needs more headroom for taller passengers. Over 5' 10" going to be cramped. This and previous Pontiac original tires had quick tread wear out. Too much cheap looking plastic in interior.

LOVE IT!!!
By Christy

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I Love my Grand Prix GT, It is the 2nd one I have had. I have heads up display (I hope they always keep that as an option) I think it is great & don't like driving a car without it! I have leather heated seates, Dual Climate Control, Love having the Radio controls on the sterring wheel, Love the auto headlights & power sun roof! Traction Control is great!!! I hope it lasts a long time...

Heads Up Display!

Remote Start, more detail on the all black section of the Information system, radio, climate control!

First one and I love it
By DAMN SKIPPY

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I traded in her stratus for an 05 Grand Prix GT and couldn't be happier about the decision. I drive a Mustang 5.0 and I feel like the power from the V6 is quite comparable. The front seats are super comfy and I feel very "in control" with the HUD and the many other features on the console. Although, I wish that the back seats had more head room. It would make it easier to get our infants car seat in and out. All in all, I am satisfied with this car and hope to trade in for a new one in the future.

Power, HUD, seat warmers, low external noise, and sweet dashboard design.

Maybe just a few inches of rear seat head room. Other than that, this car is flawless

Love my car
By Samantha

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My GP is my "first" car. I learned to drive in SUVs and trucks, and I usually hate cars b/c they feel so small, but my GP is very roomy, one of the few cars that my dad, who is 6"5', can fit in pretty comfortably. My car handles absolutely great, very sensitive to whatever the driver does. I live in a very hilly and curvy area and the car does the roads great. Although 5 people fit in my car just fine, it isn't really a "family" car.

Very attractive exterior and interior. I love how the dash is designed with the driver in mind, curving around you; and the red lighting is great. Stereo great, AC and heater great. Features (windshield wipers, cruise control, etc.) easy to use. Power and acceleration are awesome. And my trunk is huge.

A little less plastic-y interior would be nice, and maybe a differently designed glove department, but that's it.

Not worth what i payed for it
By sullyhaute

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The interior design is cramped. I am only 6 ft. tall and I feel like i am way too big for this car. It will get up and go, but that is about the only thing good I can say, I have already had to replace turn signal bulbs, the paint is peeling off the front bumper and mirror covers. I had to replace exhaust clamps, I have to take it in for re-aligning. I would expect this from a old beater car. but this car still only has about 62,000 mile to date.

color

seats are to high. Better paint quality