2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:
Happy with my Comp-G
By Bad Dave on 02/07/07 10:05 AM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I have now had my 05 Grand Prix GTP Comp G for 2 years and 32,000 miles. I can't complain. Build quality and reliability are excellent. The s/c 3800 is fantastic! Instant power when you need it, mash the gas and hold on. Average 24 to 25 mpg overall on mid- grade fuel. This car handles the twisties with ease and glides over the highway. Handles the Vermont winters with no problem due to a set of Blizzacks and Stabilitrak. Huge trunk, excellent heated leather seats, and sound system. Lacks a bit on headroom though and rear legroom can be tight. Installed K&N filter. Overall, a good little daily driver and nice upgrade from my previous Grand Am's. Can't wait to trade up to a V8 GXP!

Great Value
By corvette on 01/17/07 18:31 PM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car. I can not think of a better value. I also own a corvette and like to use my grand prix for long trips. I will get good use of it for 4- 5 years and it will still have a decent life for the next owner. Comparing it to a car like the vette is not fair but dollar for dollar it is work every cent. You get a powerful engine that responds. Decent comfort and great style. Try other cars that are priced the same and the grand prix is at the top of the list.

Great car interior lacks somewhat
By Aces on 12/26/06 12:05 PM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Apparently Pontiac Motors thinks a lot of plastic is ok in the interior of a retail $30,000 car. I disagree. The car preforms fantastic, great power and exceptional handling. The car will understeer if pushed too hard. The brakes are ok if you don't consistently pound on them, they are not track ready. The size of the car is to be taken into consideration as it is a wide body and can be difficult to park. I love the car.

I L-O-V-E my Ponti-Rocket!
By Gredblg on 09/14/06 21:05 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I did a HUGE amount of research (read every Edmunds' review) before buying an American car. Having Japanese cars for 20 years -- I wanted to be sure that the 25K/year I put on a car as a salesman would be done reliably. I've had my Grand Prix GTP for 7 months now and it's the fastest, most powerful, most comfortable, best looking and one of the most well-built cars I've ever owned. No car from Japan can compare with what it feels like to slide behind the wheel of my beautiful, much beloved Pontiac to go out into the world everyday. Meet me at the next green light and I'll show you why it's called a 'Grand Prix'. Great job, Pontiac..I'm truly, deeply in love! (never had that with a Nissan)

good car
By Happy Owner on 08/03/06 11:41 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This has been a great car. When I look at comparable vehicles I feel I kept $10,000 in my pocket and have a safe, fun, powerful American car. Buy American had better become a way of life in this country or it will no longer be our country!

Get Back into NASCAR
By Blacksheep on 05/27/06 11:40 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This is my second GTP Supercharged. I had a 97. Reliability on both cars (97 & 05) is terrific. Having a fold down front seat has come in handy more then once. I replaced the mufflers with Flow Masters and new exhaust tips. $400 and the car sounds like it wants to go and looks better from the back. My son-in- law replaced the air filter with a K&N filter. My only regret is that I did not know a V-8 was on the way. Pontiac needs to get back into NASCAR. I plan to stay with Pontiac and if it goes the way of Olds I will leave GM. No matter what you do to a Buick it is still the car my 89 yr old father drives and many more like him. No thanks!

Comp G
By Comp G on 04/28/06 14:15 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Excellent choice. Only problem I had was with shaky headlights. Problem fixed with TSB. Very well powered for an average 24.5 MPG. Head room space is tight as well.

Pretty Nice Car
By adamb on 04/22/06 22:08 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is overall a great car. I get tons of looks while driving this car up and down the streets of my city. I think that these seats are really comfortable, almost on the level of my ma's lexus. This car corners like a dream. Taking 25mph corners at 60 is fun and a breeze. (yeah im only 20 so this is something i do on occasion:)) The engine is great. Beat a newer mustang off the line last week, im sure he was happy about that. I think that the build quality could be better. lots of rattles. Also, have had it in the shop all last week for a problem with it not running right sometimes in the morning. Im not sure what this is, but they said the computer was out of date in it.

Great ride
By Mark on 02/16/06 11:31 AM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Car Is the greatest in this class. Preformance is mind blowing. I have never driven a car in this class with this much power. Extras are just right. handles like a true sports car.

Uncompromising Sport and Utility to Boot
By dpdevil16 on 02/01/06 10:03 AM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The car's looks and amazing versatility make this a vehicle that should stand out, especially for a sports sedan. What other vehicle in its class can boast being able to store a 10-foot 2x4, PVC tubing, or a Kayak inside the vehicle with all doors closed? The suspension meets a fine balance between sportiness and confort, while the acceleration is enough to arouse a the Indy racer in all of us. The Grand Prix is certainly a far cry from the midsized coups of yore and is a great utility vehicle and road cruiser. I am happier with my purchase every day that I drive it. I've yet to find a dislike.