Used 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

My Car
By Sherry

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Car is good over all. Comfortable. Headlights aren't that great. They get scratched too easily. I have problems starting the car. had mechanics check the problem and they can't find anything wrong. engine light won't go off. it's been checked by dealership as well. my car has about 80,000 miles now. it's a little cramped at times. the chevy impala was my first choice b ut had to settle for this car because of pricing. still paid too much. paid 14,000 a year ago. now supposedly worth only about 8,000. no major repairs so far at least. good gas mileeage. would recommend.

body style of car

make inside a little larger. change dash display color to white instead of red! Definately! hard to read dash at times. fix whatever is causing it not to start!

Replaced My Boring Toyota Camry
By Aldo

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my Grand Prix because my wife has a 2002 Grand Prix which has 83,000 miles and the only repair was a wheel bearing. I have replaced tires and brakes but these are normal maintenance. I replaced my 2001 Camry, with the 2005 Grand Prix, the Camry was not a good car, I purchased it brand new and it had issues at 25,000 miles which were under warranty, but the last two years it was starting to cost me big bucks, it was time to get rid of it.89,000) Iwas always comparing my Toyota with the 2002 Grand Prix, which I purchased with 16,000 miles. Toyota makes a good car but mine must have been built by trainees. When I saw the 2005 Grand Prix and I took it out, I fell in love with it.

The electronics are great. The engine is quiet and smooth with great pick up. Leather heated seats will be great in the winter. Great styling. Electronic steering and fuel delivery are interesting features.

I have read the reviews and there are some issues that need to be addressed. I did purchase the extended warranty with this car, it has more computing power than my first PC. I hope when i have issues there will be a dealer, unfortunately Pontiac is being dropped.

A good ride
By B at 45

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My GT has been trouble free. Original tires wore quicker than I thought they should, but Goodyears I bought holding up good. I've been very pleased with the gas mileage for this size of car. 17-31 MPG. Alot of remote start in Chicago winter or Phoenix summer and mileage obviously drops. 65 MPH on interstate and 30 MPG. 85-90 MPH on interstate and 25-26 MPG. Over 68500 miles and still on original brakes. I'll need them soon, can feel rotors have a shimmy during hard braking. Like the oil management system, saves oil, have gone 9000 miles on a couple of changes. This is a great highway vehicle. Quiet and quick when it's needed. Good in snow when lived in Chicago. Great AC now in Phoenix.

MP3 CD player. heated leather seats. Driver information system helped when I picked up a nail. Warning tire going low so I had time to get to right lane before needing to head to shoulder. Electric Sun Roof with interior shade. Fold down seats for trunk pass through. 90 degree open rear doors.

The car needs more headroom for taller passengers. Over 5' 10" going to be cramped. This and previous Pontiac original tires had quick tread wear out. Too much cheap looking plastic in interior.

LOVE IT!!!
By Christy

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I Love my Grand Prix GT, It is the 2nd one I have had. I have heads up display (I hope they always keep that as an option) I think it is great & don't like driving a car without it! I have leather heated seates, Dual Climate Control, Love having the Radio controls on the sterring wheel, Love the auto headlights & power sun roof! Traction Control is great!!! I hope it lasts a long time...

Heads Up Display!

Remote Start, more detail on the all black section of the Information system, radio, climate control!

First one and I love it
By DAMN SKIPPY

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I traded in her stratus for an 05 Grand Prix GT and couldn't be happier about the decision. I drive a Mustang 5.0 and I feel like the power from the V6 is quite comparable. The front seats are super comfy and I feel very "in control" with the HUD and the many other features on the console. Although, I wish that the back seats had more head room. It would make it easier to get our infants car seat in and out. All in all, I am satisfied with this car and hope to trade in for a new one in the future.

Power, HUD, seat warmers, low external noise, and sweet dashboard design.

Maybe just a few inches of rear seat head room. Other than that, this car is flawless