2005 Pontiac Grand Prix - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:
The Perfect Machine
By Superbia on 08/06/07 16:02 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Pontiacs in past years for some people has driven up a rep for being pieces of junk. The new line is far from being junk! My favorite is the the GP GT! It has a good look but is not considered to be a high-end pompous car like some others. The brakes are good, the acceleraation is great, the highway handling is good, and the comfort is pretty good as well. The back seats do have some tiny issues but all in all they are great for the kind of car this is. Corners well and the 3.8l v6 has got some power ready to rumble! If someone dares race you, thinkig this car is among the ordinary, they will soon find out it is not.

More than Meets the Eye!
By Samurai on 07/04/07 23:09 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

The biggest bang for your buck! A refined machine that is easily underestimated. The exterior is sweet and the interior great. The interior design is made for the driver (that is the purpose of driving, right). I hate how the imports overly centralize the dials and in some cases the gauges right in the middle of the car. The interior is simple and not over done like the imports. Their designs tend to be a lot busier. The power is just right, handling great.

Love it
By Whammy on 05/12/07 23:21 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Love the ride and performance. Need more storage in the front and a little hard to see my blind spot when changing lanes, other than that its great. Very sporty, great handling and excellent pick up when I need it. The red illumination is great also.

Better than good, but not quite perfect
By CEN19 on 03/24/07 14:03 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

JD Power rated this vehicle as a good buy for reliability and I have to agree. I've had only two minor issues that were quickly corrected under warranty. Very comfortable around town and on the highway. Acceleration with the supercharged engine is excellent, as is braking. This is a large vehicle, so handling is good but not great. Fuel economy is in the low 20s with mostly highway driving; nothing close to the 28 mpg listed on the window sticker. Interior materials are a mix of good to cheap, with some areas nicely padded and textured; others are cheap in feel and durability. Red illumination of instrumentation is very appealing. All controls are easy to operate and very intuitive.

2nd review; Almost at the two year mark.
By adamb on 03/11/07 23:02 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

If you look back about 5 - 10 reviews, you'll see another one from me. This is just an update of that review. At this time, my 2005 grand prix turned over 50k last night. The dealership still has not figured out why it doesn't run right at times. They seem to think i'm crazy. Really, i'm not. It feels as if the brakes are sticking almost, but they say they aren't. I don't know what to do anymore, so this car is for sale as we speak. I'm getting an 07 Camry very soon. No more GM for me. Sorry. All in all, I would really have liked this car had it not been for this weird problem, and the problems with build quality. Rattles are getting worse. I do live in a large city with rough roads.

Happy with my Comp-G
By Bad Dave on 02/07/07 10:05 AM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I have now had my 05 Grand Prix GTP Comp G for 2 years and 32,000 miles. I can't complain. Build quality and reliability are excellent. The s/c 3800 is fantastic! Instant power when you need it, mash the gas and hold on. Average 24 to 25 mpg overall on mid- grade fuel. This car handles the twisties with ease and glides over the highway. Handles the Vermont winters with no problem due to a set of Blizzacks and Stabilitrak. Huge trunk, excellent heated leather seats, and sound system. Lacks a bit on headroom though and rear legroom can be tight. Installed K&N filter. Overall, a good little daily driver and nice upgrade from my previous Grand Am's. Can't wait to trade up to a V8 GXP!

Great Value
By corvette on 01/17/07 18:31 PM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car. I can not think of a better value. I also own a corvette and like to use my grand prix for long trips. I will get good use of it for 4- 5 years and it will still have a decent life for the next owner. Comparing it to a car like the vette is not fair but dollar for dollar it is work every cent. You get a powerful engine that responds. Decent comfort and great style. Try other cars that are priced the same and the grand prix is at the top of the list.

Great car interior lacks somewhat
By Aces on 12/26/06 12:05 PM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Apparently Pontiac Motors thinks a lot of plastic is ok in the interior of a retail $30,000 car. I disagree. The car preforms fantastic, great power and exceptional handling. The car will understeer if pushed too hard. The brakes are ok if you don't consistently pound on them, they are not track ready. The size of the car is to be taken into consideration as it is a wide body and can be difficult to park. I love the car.

Blue/Green Chrystal GXP
By Toni Ahlgren on 10/24/06 17:58 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My 2005 GXP is an outstanding performance sportscar. I love the output from the engine when I step on it. It feels like the rear-axle is somehow kind off "glued" when I stop and go and at a redlight if I make a normal start. Feels little bit "jerky"

I L-O-V-E my Ponti-Rocket!
By Gredblg on 09/14/06 21:05 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I did a HUGE amount of research (read every Edmunds' review) before buying an American car. Having Japanese cars for 20 years -- I wanted to be sure that the 25K/year I put on a car as a salesman would be done reliably. I've had my Grand Prix GTP for 7 months now and it's the fastest, most powerful, most comfortable, best looking and one of the most well-built cars I've ever owned. No car from Japan can compare with what it feels like to slide behind the wheel of my beautiful, much beloved Pontiac to go out into the world everyday. Meet me at the next green light and I'll show you why it's called a 'Grand Prix'. Great job, Pontiac..I'm truly, deeply in love! (never had that with a Nissan)