Used 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Pontiac Grand-prix - Consumer Reviews

GXP 5.3L V8 4-speed Automatic - (29 reviews )

Cool Car
By Kevin

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

All and all, this is an awesome car. Many are complaining about the fuel economy or the bumpy ride, but guess what, this is a sports car, not a geo! I gave this car a low rating on fuel economy, but I knew that going in. That is not why I bought the car. The fuel economy is not that important to me, but the size of the tank is. Even with the DOD, this car goes through alot of fuel, so why the puny 16 gal tank? Other than that, I love this car, very fun to drive, very comfortable (unless you are over 6 ft, I'm 5'10'' so I'm good), and tons of cargo area. I put six golf bags in the trunk without folding the seats.

Favorite Features

Speed, Performance, Exhaust

Suggested Improvements

Headroom, Home Link, Larger gas tank, Heated mirrors

fast and looks good in my garage
By kyler kelley

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

car is awesome. very fast. mustang guys think you got some v6 car when you pull up until they see the v8 badge on the back as you pass them. i also have not driven it in 6 weeks due to crappy weather it looks great in my garage

Favorite Features

303hp

Suggested Improvements

put the 400hp gto motor in for 07 anf rwd would have been nice

It sounds great
By Thebigb

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Traded a 2003 Yukon for 2006 Grand Prix GXP. Had read review in various magazines and lived up to all of the hype. Fantastic power, great features, and best of all the $34000. list was reduced to $27,500 out the door. Car is equipped with every available option including Nav and power sun roof. GM dealers are willing to deal big time right now, and you can get those "employee discounts" without the program. This car was on the dealers lot for over 30 days, so he wanted to move it. Got it in black with black interior. Just looks real cool.

Favorite Features

303 hp DOD V8, seats, nav and over look.

Suggested Improvements

power passenger seat, homelink, electrochomatic rear view mirror, heated outside mirrors.

Love this car
By MJ2

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have had Pontiacs since I got my license (ok, forget the 69 Dodge Dart), but have also been loong at BMW's and Acuras. This is by far the best bang for the buck. Every time that I have gone in for service (nothing wrong) or a car wash, the car receives compliments galore. Get over the import hype, and you see a vehicle that is (hopefully) the new beginning of the American auto industry. Worth every penny.

Favorite Features

Heads Up (had it in my 99 GXP and can't live without it) Nav and Monsoon Audio. Thought the tap shift was a waste at firs but it is fun! Really like the built in phone (it is expensive, but convenient)

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy 6 speed trans. lower cost to renew Onstar.

I Love this car.
By Duke

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I had a 2005 Mustang GT and that was the 6th Mustang I owned. After only 3 months I sold it and bought the 2005 Grand Prix GXP. Soooo many more features and it handles incredibly great for a sedan. And regardless of what the magazines say. The Grand prix beat the Mustang at the Drag strip in (STOCK) form by a tenth of a second. Not bad for a sedan. The suspension and brake system is great and the tires are the same as the factory Mercedes AMG 500. For some reason this car was never advertised and the magazines won't print much about it. To all the magazine editors out there. WAKE UP. All you need Is a few aftermarket companies to make some goodies and this car will blow the doors off anythn

Favorite Features

Displacement-on-Demand, Heads up display, Dual climate control, factory remote start, Great exhaust rumble, cross-drilled SRP brake rotors,polished rims, leather Heated seats w/suede center sections, Sunroof, Info center with G-meter, Steering wheel mounted stereo controls, etc, etc, etc, etc.

Suggested Improvements

I would like to see it come with a spare tire. Not just the compressor.