2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP - Consumer Reviews

GXP 5.3L V8 4-speed Automatic - (29 reviews )
Mid Life Dream Car
By jammerman on 07/19/05 22:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Saw the Grand Prix GT at Auto Show, loved the sportiness, but didn't buy - boy am I glad! When GM offered the employee pricing, discovered Pontiac had released a more sporty, upscale GXP - basically a GT with the V8 and all the sporty options (mags, chrome highlights, etc.) with the slightly lowered profile, this car screams speed! Everyone on my friends are green with envy. Nice throatty growl, instrument cluster well placed. TAP shifter makes it a fun cruiser.

Eye-Catcher
By Thunder on 07/19/05 10:16 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Blue-Green Crystal gets lots of compliments in parking lots, gas stations, etc. Great performance, but if the idea for bigger tires in the front really was to reduece torque steer, I don't notice much improvement over my former '98 GTP. Still, be aware of it and it's not a problem. Very solid ride with little or no body lean into corners. City mileage hasn't worked out as advertised yet, though I only have 600 miles on it, so far. Hopefully it'll get better than the current 14 mpg after a couple of thousand miles. Highway miles are decent (26mpg) and should also improve, soon. HUD is much better and more informative than older models. Exhaust? Aaaah, sounds like my old Z- 28.

GXP Black
By tonyGXP on 07/17/05 01:31 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My gxp is loaded without navi, what can i say?? Go and drive one!!! Its nicer than anything in its class, foreign & domestic. Fast, handles like its on rails, stops better than any car i've ever driven, i get compliments on this car without people even looking on the inside ( exhaust especially)how & why would you buy an accord or camry or an impala ss (even with a v8) i paid 27k for mine sticker was $33,396, beat it, you won't be able to.

Fun to Drive
By jerry young on 06/20/05 07:37 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I just purchased the Grand Prix GXP, this car is fast. We were looking at buying the GTO for sports car look and performance. Since my wife and I travel alot, along with my 2 boys, and after looking in the trunk of the GTO, which you can only fit 2 small bags. We decided to get the Grand Prix, it has good looks, 4 doors, but when me and my wife drove this car, whow, the V8 has a lot of power for a family car. It handles like a race car. It's fast, sleek, and good looking. Just in the 3 days that we have had the car, a lot of kids and adults have complimented on this car.

A driver's car
By mikej on 06/18/05 10:13 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This car is outstanding with 18" wheels the ride and handling rivals anything on the road. Fit and finish are excellent, this is a driver's car. Dual exhaust also gives this car the sound of my 70' corvette.

grrrreat vehicle
By Keith McDonald on 06/17/05 19:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Just bought the new GXP, my first Pontiac. Have had Chevy, Geo, Nissan's, Toyota, and Mazda before. This by far is the slickest, most powerful, fun to drive, and packed with the most features for the money. This one came fully loaded with everything except navigation system. The driver and passenger seats are very soft and comfortable and can be positioned in numerous ways. Dual climate climate control is nice. Radio automatically adjust for sound as you speed up or slow down. The V-8 will cut off 4 cylinders once you get to cruising speed to save gas mileage. This puppy gets about 27 MPG on the highway which is nice for a V-8 with 303 hp.

GXP Awesome and it growls
By Matthew on 06/10/05 22:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have`just purchased a Pontiac Grand Prix GXP after trading in an 04 COMP G. The new car is awesome and it growls like a. tiger. If you want some power and need an exciting ride this is the car for you

GXP is Awesome
By Dana on 06/09/05 09:24 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have had my GXP for about 3 weeks and it turns heads everywhere I go! I Love this car the ride is smooth and the performance of the V8 is awesome. This is my 3rd new grand prix in 7 years I must say the Grand Prix has been a very dependable car and I have never had any problems with any of them.

awesomeness
By Bob Lutz on 03/18/05 23:07 PM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

So much low end power. Love it