Used 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

Lots of fun
By vlee

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I purchased my GTP this month from my company. It has been my company car for four years and I've now put 117,000 on the clock and still a sweet ride without any major issues.

Favorite Features

Supercharger!

Suggested Improvements

More headroom and I really wish I had the HUD. I have it on my 2004 Corvette and it's sweet.

This car is crap
By Dr Ratched

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Gee. What DOESN'T work on this car. Paint was peeling off after 2 years and now it has leprosy. Water pump needed replacing after 2 years. It's burning oil like a drunk BP CEO. The cheap plastic on the inside is worn off everywhere you put your hands. The leather seats are fading and tearing. Oh. And the stupid key fob won't work. Avoid this car. Avoid Pontiacs. Avoid GM.

Favorite Features

It has lots of sensors for things like low oil level and tire pressure. That's good. You'll need the warnings.

Suggested Improvements

Go elsewhere.

GP GT
By FC

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car for my wife. Certified GM used with warranty. It offers a good drive, with excellent comfort for the leather bucket seats. Driver ergonomics are unmatched. However, with the 200 hp 3800, it feels big and lumbering. I love the rumble from the dual exhaust, but its an overall underwhelming experience. I'd definitely recommend finding a GTP for more power. It has great looks and we love the silver exterior with the black leather and moonroof. Heater fan detonated recently, a costly repair without the bumper to bumper warranty. Other than that, not a single problem!

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats, moonroof, Monsoon stereo is AWESOME and almost the car's single biggest asset!

Suggested Improvements

More power please and more headroom.

Last of a great car
By grand prix no more?

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I am on my third gran prix and wish they would keep making them. This is a good car is you drive 20k miles a year. You can drive it for 8 years, get 160k and move on. You can not beat it for the price. Everyone raves about the foreign cars in this class but those cars cost $8k more and those owners put money into the car. I will miss this one when it is done.

Solid
By Kurls1800

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My GP has given me 5 years of great service . I did have a front rotor warpage issue early on and just decided to replace them. Otherwise, just change the oil and other common maintenance. Sad to see Pontiac end its production of Grad Prix's. Love the Pontiac red dash lights.

Favorite Features

3.8 engine is powerful and I get 26 mpg driving to work, and not all highway.

Suggested Improvements

Brakes are powerful but I would expect no warp problem as I incurred.