Used 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP Consumer Reviews - 30 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP - Consumer Reviews

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP

GXP 5.3L V8 4-speed Automatic - (30 reviews )

Wow, what kind of car is this?
By Russ

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I get that question asked all the time. I don't know how to answer because it's so different from the base Grand Prix that I often just say "GXP" and then the person who asked shuts up and you can tell they have no clue what a GXP is.

Engine, seats, Heads Up Display, Premium sound system, Blue-Green Crystal Premium Paint

the interior and there were some small quality glitches, but I'm sure not everyone has the same and they were all under warranty.

Blue/Green Chrystal GXP
By Toni Ahlgren

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My 2005 GXP is an outstanding performance sportscar. I love the output from the engine when I step on it. It feels like the rear-axle is somehow kind off "glued" when I stop and go and at a redlight if I make a normal start. Feels little bit "jerky"

Extremely fast & fun. Beautiful colors and I have carbon fiber hood, black on blue/green chrystal. The rims are wow, good handling on road.

brakes and rear axle sloppy.

Dark Cherry GXP
By Brian

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Lots of power with torque-steer, I always say hold on when you put the pedal down. Over-all it's a fun to drive but it does drink fuel even it you drive it normal. Road ruts created by the large trucks seem to whip the car from side to side. My 03 chev had no problem with the ruts, this car does. I'm totally shocked that I need to repair my front brakes at only 25,000 miles considering 90% of the miles are HWY driving and that I really am gentle on my brakes.GM not willing to do anything about the brakes even so it's still under warranty.

The monsoon stereo sounds great. The extra Horse Power is there if you ever need it to pass someone. Like the roar of the engine out the pipes.

At only 25,000 miles my front brakes are grinding, very surprised because 90% of miles are hwy and i'm not hard on the brakes.. Fuel economy is very poor, not close to EPA sticker ratings.

GXP
By commander

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I hav owned this car almost a year and have loved it since day one. This is not one of those cars that you will regret owning several months later.

Some of my favorite features include the paddle shift when you have to show up the little punks in their souped up Honda. The next best thing is cruising down the highway at 75 mph and still getting almost 26 MPG in a V8 AWESOME!

The only drawback so far has been the interior with a lot of plastic. The other thing is the lack of performance parts, although it has a lot of performance parts already on it you can only get a Corsa exhaust and still no K&N air filters as of 04/12/2006. All in all still extremely happy.

Lots of looks
By Larry Carson

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my GXP in Octber of 2005. I love this car. I get a lot of looks and finger pointing. My wife said it makes me look and act younger. Very fun car to drive.

The 300+ horse power, nav system, HUD display, Monsoon stero system

Less plastic on the dash.