2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP - Consumer Reviews

GXP 5.3L V8 4-speed Automatic - (29 reviews )
Cool Car
By Kevin on 12/23/05 06:12 AM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

All and all, this is an awesome car. Many are complaining about the fuel economy or the bumpy ride, but guess what, this is a sports car, not a geo! I gave this car a low rating on fuel economy, but I knew that going in. That is not why I bought the car. The fuel economy is not that important to me, but the size of the tank is. Even with the DOD, this car goes through alot of fuel, so why the puny 16 gal tank? Other than that, I love this car, very fun to drive, very comfortable (unless you are over 6 ft, I'm 5'10'' so I'm good), and tons of cargo area. I put six golf bags in the trunk without folding the seats.

fast and looks good in my garage
By kyler kelley on 12/18/05 00:32 AM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

car is awesome. very fast. mustang guys think you got some v6 car when you pull up until they see the v8 badge on the back as you pass them. i also have not driven it in 6 weeks due to crappy weather it looks great in my garage

It sounds great
By Thebigb on 10/31/05 16:50 PM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Traded a 2003 Yukon for 2006 Grand Prix GXP. Had read review in various magazines and lived up to all of the hype. Fantastic power, great features, and best of all the $34000. list was reduced to $27,500 out the door. Car is equipped with every available option including Nav and power sun roof. GM dealers are willing to deal big time right now, and you can get those "employee discounts" without the program. This car was on the dealers lot for over 30 days, so he wanted to move it. Got it in black with black interior. Just looks real cool.

Love this car
By MJ2 on 10/14/05 11:27 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have had Pontiacs since I got my license (ok, forget the 69 Dodge Dart), but have also been loong at BMW's and Acuras. This is by far the best bang for the buck. Every time that I have gone in for service (nothing wrong) or a car wash, the car receives compliments galore. Get over the import hype, and you see a vehicle that is (hopefully) the new beginning of the American auto industry. Worth every penny.

I Love this car.
By Duke on 09/29/05 23:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I had a 2005 Mustang GT and that was the 6th Mustang I owned. After only 3 months I sold it and bought the 2005 Grand Prix GXP. Soooo many more features and it handles incredibly great for a sedan. And regardless of what the magazines say. The Grand prix beat the Mustang at the Drag strip in (STOCK) form by a tenth of a second. Not bad for a sedan. The suspension and brake system is great and the tires are the same as the factory Mercedes AMG 500. For some reason this car was never advertised and the magazines won't print much about it. To all the magazine editors out there. WAKE UP. All you need Is a few aftermarket companies to make some goodies and this car will blow the doors off anythn

GXP is Great
By Mr MRG on 09/08/05 00:11 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

No better combination of performance, ride, comfort, handling, safety and practicality. I can have my fun and haul the family away in comfort on the weekends. Solid build and even with the 300HP never seems out of control.

great value
By docV8 on 08/07/05 21:34 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I had to go a ways to find this car, but it was worth it. I was looking at this or a BMW 545, and this took the cake (yes, really). Interior feels wonderful, exterior is beautiful. Power is everywhere. Despite what journalists are saying, torque steer has not occured yet, but for one time when it was floored at 10 MPH on uneven pavement. All I had to do was hang on tighter. Rear drive cars will break traction and get all twisted up (slip/regrip/lurch)if you floor it on uneven pavement, so what's the big deal? I guess some self proclaimed 'enthusiasts' like to kick out the rear end around corners, but if you ask me, I'd rather stay pointed where I want to go. Back seats are great too.

It's a gas hog but fun to drive
By AK Milwaukee on 08/04/05 14:51 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I'm not getting anywhere close to the posted EPA estimates but the sound, power, and handling far outweigh the 21 mpg I average, (and that's driving it sanely!) with 60% hwy and 40% city driving. It pulls a little when doing heavy braking but torque steer on acceleration is minimal. Roomy and comfortable on the inside but I don't understand why Pontiac can't give this car memory settings for the seats - my husband is 6' 4" and I'm 5' 5" - tough to exchange drivers. Also, some gas pedal extension would be nice. For the price I think this car is a great value. I switched from a 2002 Chrysler 300 M and am glad I did.

Not your typical boring 4 door
By Mark Moody on 07/31/05 00:51 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I just purchased an 05 Grand Prix GT great car at a great price with the employee discount saved almost $7000.00.This is my second Grand Prix GT we also have an 02 which after 75000 miles has yet to give us any problems.I test drove many other cars but came back to Pontiac.For the money I couldn`t find a better equipped car.The Grand Prix GT for us is a nice combination of good looks power and reliability.

Huge Fun to Drive
By Naples, FL on 07/23/05 11:04 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

0-60 in under 6 sec, pretty impressive for a 4 door grocery getter. The engine makes beautiful music, unmistakable V8 growl from the tailpipes. Very responsive handling while not completely sacrificing a comfortable ride-the engineers found a good balance. Pontiac is marketing more stuff to the enthusiast lately, they can be proud of this one.