Used 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan Consumer Reviews - 126 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

Lots of Miles
By Michelle

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car. I love the way it handles, it feels like a luxurious smooth ride especially compared to my fiancee's Grand Am. I love the way it looks, and the interior design. I have had a few problems though, the transmission needed a complete overhaul after 34K miles. Now I am having brake and traction system problems at 41K.

Interior control panel, heads-up display I will never live without again. Trip computer is on top of my every move, from low tire pressure to remaining oil life. Leather heated seats are great!

Not roomy enough, my 6'4" boss can barely ride with me. Moon Roof is too narrow, my last moon roof, I could get the sun on my face.

Grand Prix
By Heather B.

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My Grand Prix has been taken into the shop a couple of times due to what felt like the transmission slipping, but they said they couldn't find anything wrong.. It still has the same problem after they reset the computer. But they did fix a recall that was on the car. I like the style of the car and it does have power.

Style of car..and Power

Need to figure out why transmission sounds like it jumps into gear.. And humming noise in engine.

Blue Green Crystal LOVED by ALL!!
By Celeste

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We love this car, great on trips, lots of leg room for 6'3" man driving. Back seat has room for 6' son if seated behind front seat pulled forward one notch. BLUE GREEN CRYSTAL IS FABULOUS COLOR!!! EVERY ONE SAYS SOMETHING ABOUT LOVING THE COLOR!!!! It looks blue in some light, green in others and purple under parking lot lights at night!!! It even looks blue and green at the same time, on different planes of the cars surface!! Handles great, no matter the weather, or driving conditions, love the onstar feature, husband used it when he got lost, (WOW) Monsoon sound system to die for, XM clear as a bell

Color, color, color!!! Blue green crystal amazing color!!!!!!!! Handling, sound system, response, sunroof, heads up display, onstar, routinely say "i love my new car!!" With exuberance every day or two and have had since october, 2004!!

Headroom needs another inch or so. Back seat needs more leg room. Better design for console storage front and back floor mats that don't move so much, better quality ones that cover more of the floor, upper left area, driver's side

2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
By Carrie Ontiveros

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Having previously owned a 2002 Grand Prix, which was totaled in an accident, I sought another Grand Prix. I enjoy driving this car due to the quick pick up and go and the comfortableness of the seats. The interior is much sportier and appealing. Although I do prefer the 2002 exterior better. This car looks very sporty and drives very nicely.

I like the sporty look of the display, i.e. speedometer, gas gauge, and how the radio faces more towards the driver. The seats seem to wrap around the driver and from passenger and offer better support.

The body style is somewhat bulky. I prefered the lean style of the previous body style.

05 Grand Prix
By SDouglas

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have been pleasantly surprised by the quality and comfort of my Grand Prix; haven't had to take it back to the dealership for anything except routine maintenance which is pleasant surprise after dealing with numerous recalls & problems with my last 4 (new) vehicles. Also, I drive a lot of miles & still enjoy driving the Grand Prix after a year. LOVE the color - Fusion Orange Metallic, enough gray already!!