Used 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

Safe, Fast, Dependable
By deanfoxes

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car was my first car, and I drove it with pride until the day that it saved the life of myself and two other passengers. Rounding a sharp corner at night, I found myself approaching a fallen tree across the road. I swerved to avoid the tree and ended up on the embankment hitting another tree at about 45 MPH. Airbags deployed, but nobody was hurt. The car was extremely safe, and was an absolute blast to drive, with amazing handling and performance for a sedan. I am definitely looking into buying another Grand Prix, perhaps this time with a supercharger!

Handling, performance from the base V6, interior comfort

Plastic interior does not last long

Car that wont stop
By fugary

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have a 2005 gp that now has 361000 miles that has given me many years of use. If you take care of the 3800 V6 you will get your money back in return.

Just a awesome car.

need a lil more hp.

Fairly Good Car overall
By njoosse

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Nice big car, lots of room, loads of power from the 3.8 v6. Love the exhaust growl. I always compare this car to my 04 Honda Accord 4cyl. This car has way more power and gets the same fuel mileage. On the other hand it doesn't handle as well and the fit and finish are not nearly as good. I love the interior, especially at night. Reliability is ok. Burns a bit of oil. At 100000miles, its starting to squeak and rattle, which my Honda is not. Overall a pretty good car.

Power and performance

Fit and finish, reliability

My favorite car.
By semperfigirl

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I got a 2006 Grand Prix as my very first car, it was used.From the moment I started to drive the car I loved it. I never had any problems with it, as I did keep up with care on it. Nothing out of the ordinary happened with it, it was always a great car, specially the night it saved my life, and 3 other peoples. That night the tires slid on ice. We slid straight into a guard rail on the drivers side in the middle between the doors. Then flipped over the guard rail and flipped twice. The car took the impact like a champ, and saved our lives all 4 of us walked away. The car did it's job & protected me and my passengers. This car was nothing but great.

I was on the rode alot. I basically lived my my car I was driving so much(marine I had to visit <3) So the gas mileage was defiantly a plus. It was good for going long distances, like a 13 hour drive. It was also comfortable to sit in for awhile too. And the airbags, and build of the car.

The only thing I could think to improve would have been the lights, My turn signal lights seemed to go out often,.

GP GT
By FC

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car for my wife. Certified GM used with warranty. It offers a good drive, with excellent comfort for the leather bucket seats. Driver ergonomics are unmatched. However, with the 200 hp 3800, it feels big and lumbering. I love the rumble from the dual exhaust, but its an overall underwhelming experience. I'd definitely recommend finding a GTP for more power. It has great looks and we love the silver exterior with the black leather and moonroof. Heater fan detonated recently, a costly repair without the bumper to bumper warranty. Other than that, not a single problem!

Comfortable seats, moonroof, Monsoon stereo is AWESOME and almost the car's single biggest asset!

More power please and more headroom.