2005 Pontiac Grand Prix - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:
Car that wont stop
By fugary on 08/03/13 17:59 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have a 2005 gp that now has 361000 miles that has given me many years of use. If you take care of the 3800 V6 you will get your money back in return.

Fairly Good Car overall
By njoosse on 11/14/12 13:49 PM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Nice big car, lots of room, loads of power from the 3.8 v6. Love the exhaust growl. I always compare this car to my 04 Honda Accord 4cyl. This car has way more power and gets the same fuel mileage. On the other hand it doesn't handle as well and the fit and finish are not nearly as good. I love the interior, especially at night. Reliability is ok. Burns a bit of oil. At 100000miles, its starting to squeak and rattle, which my Honda is not. Overall a pretty good car.

My favorite car.
By semperfigirl on 12/07/10 21:03 PM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I got a 2006 Grand Prix as my very first car, it was used.From the moment I started to drive the car I loved it. I never had any problems with it, as I did keep up with care on it. Nothing out of the ordinary happened with it, it was always a great car, specially the night it saved my life, and 3 other peoples. That night the tires slid on ice. We slid straight into a guard rail on the drivers side in the middle between the doors. Then flipped over the guard rail and flipped twice. The car took the impact like a champ, and saved our lives all 4 of us walked away. The car did it's job & protected me and my passengers. This car was nothing but great.

GP GT
By FC on 07/31/10 12:35 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car for my wife. Certified GM used with warranty. It offers a good drive, with excellent comfort for the leather bucket seats. Driver ergonomics are unmatched. However, with the 200 hp 3800, it feels big and lumbering. I love the rumble from the dual exhaust, but its an overall underwhelming experience. I'd definitely recommend finding a GTP for more power. It has great looks and we love the silver exterior with the black leather and moonroof. Heater fan detonated recently, a costly repair without the bumper to bumper warranty. Other than that, not a single problem!

'05 GT
By Griffin on 11/01/09 10:38 AM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

After trying out several Fords, Dodges, Chryslers, and Chevrolets, my wife and I kept coming back to the Grand Prix. It has the perfect blend of sportiness that she was looking for, and the roomy practicality that I wanted. Fully loaded with black leather, moonroof, CD changer, and Monsoon stereo (which is the best factory stereo I've ever heard), you can't ask for much more in a family sedan. Interior ergonomics are unmatched by anything I've ever owned and the heated bucket seats make long drives a pleasure. No problems to report.

My Car
By Sherry on 06/03/09 19:05 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Car is good over all. Comfortable. Headlights aren't that great. They get scratched too easily. I have problems starting the car. had mechanics check the problem and they can't find anything wrong. engine light won't go off. it's been checked by dealership as well. my car has about 80,000 miles now. it's a little cramped at times. the chevy impala was my first choice b ut had to settle for this car because of pricing. still paid too much. paid 14,000 a year ago. now supposedly worth only about 8,000. no major repairs so far at least. good gas mileeage. would recommend.

Replaced My Boring Toyota Camry
By Aldo on 05/17/09 14:03 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my Grand Prix because my wife has a 2002 Grand Prix which has 83,000 miles and the only repair was a wheel bearing. I have replaced tires and brakes but these are normal maintenance. I replaced my 2001 Camry, with the 2005 Grand Prix, the Camry was not a good car, I purchased it brand new and it had issues at 25,000 miles which were under warranty, but the last two years it was starting to cost me big bucks, it was time to get rid of it.89,000) Iwas always comparing my Toyota with the 2002 Grand Prix, which I purchased with 16,000 miles. Toyota makes a good car but mine must have been built by trainees. When I saw the 2005 Grand Prix and I took it out, I fell in love with it.

A good ride
By B at 45 on 03/29/09 19:39 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My GT has been trouble free. Original tires wore quicker than I thought they should, but Goodyears I bought holding up good. I've been very pleased with the gas mileage for this size of car. 17-31 MPG. Alot of remote start in Chicago winter or Phoenix summer and mileage obviously drops. 65 MPH on interstate and 30 MPG. 85-90 MPH on interstate and 25-26 MPG. Over 68500 miles and still on original brakes. I'll need them soon, can feel rotors have a shimmy during hard braking. Like the oil management system, saves oil, have gone 9000 miles on a couple of changes. This is a great highway vehicle. Quiet and quick when it's needed. Good in snow when lived in Chicago. Great AC now in Phoenix.

LOVE IT!!!
By Christy on 03/22/09 10:14 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I Love my Grand Prix GT, It is the 2nd one I have had. I have heads up display (I hope they always keep that as an option) I think it is great & don't like driving a car without it! I have leather heated seates, Dual Climate Control, Love having the Radio controls on the sterring wheel, Love the auto headlights & power sun roof! Traction Control is great!!! I hope it lasts a long time...

First one and I love it
By DAMN SKIPPY on 02/17/09 00:19 AM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I traded in her stratus for an 05 Grand Prix GT and couldn't be happier about the decision. I drive a Mustang 5.0 and I feel like the power from the V6 is quite comparable. The front seats are super comfy and I feel very "in control" with the HUD and the many other features on the console. Although, I wish that the back seats had more head room. It would make it easier to get our infants car seat in and out. All in all, I am satisfied with this car and hope to trade in for a new one in the future.