2005 Pontiac Grand Prix - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:
Safe, Fast, Dependable
By deanfoxes on 11/09/14 14:26 PM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car was my first car, and I drove it with pride until the day that it saved the life of myself and two other passengers. Rounding a sharp corner at night, I found myself approaching a fallen tree across the road. I swerved to avoid the tree and ended up on the embankment hitting another tree at about 45 MPH. Airbags deployed, but nobody was hurt. The car was extremely safe, and was an absolute blast to drive, with amazing handling and performance for a sedan. I am definitely looking into buying another Grand Prix, perhaps this time with a supercharger!

Car that wont stop
By fugary on 08/03/13 17:59 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have a 2005 gp that now has 361000 miles that has given me many years of use. If you take care of the 3800 V6 you will get your money back in return.

Very Good Quality Car
By ballbreaker910 on 05/30/13 20:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car to replace a car that was on its last leg. After reading reviews from a website like this I decided to purchase one. It was a well made decision. This car is very reliable. I lived 2 miles from work and found out the hard way how bad the car was on gas, especially with local driving. However on the highway I was able to get about 25 mpg. Things I noticed before trading it in was it began to burn oil. The indicator advised me of low oil well before the 3000 mile recommended oil change and I used synthetic blend. Overall. It was a great car.

Fairly Good Car overall
By njoosse on 11/14/12 13:49 PM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Nice big car, lots of room, loads of power from the 3.8 v6. Love the exhaust growl. I always compare this car to my 04 Honda Accord 4cyl. This car has way more power and gets the same fuel mileage. On the other hand it doesn't handle as well and the fit and finish are not nearly as good. I love the interior, especially at night. Reliability is ok. Burns a bit of oil. At 100000miles, its starting to squeak and rattle, which my Honda is not. Overall a pretty good car.

My favorite car.
By semperfigirl on 12/07/10 21:03 PM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I got a 2006 Grand Prix as my very first car, it was used.From the moment I started to drive the car I loved it. I never had any problems with it, as I did keep up with care on it. Nothing out of the ordinary happened with it, it was always a great car, specially the night it saved my life, and 3 other peoples. That night the tires slid on ice. We slid straight into a guard rail on the drivers side in the middle between the doors. Then flipped over the guard rail and flipped twice. The car took the impact like a champ, and saved our lives all 4 of us walked away. The car did it's job & protected me and my passengers. This car was nothing but great.

Lots of fun
By vlee on 10/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I purchased my GTP this month from my company. It has been my company car for four years and I've now put 117,000 on the clock and still a sweet ride without any major issues.

This car is crap
By Dr Ratched on 08/19/10 19:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Gee. What DOESN'T work on this car. Paint was peeling off after 2 years and now it has leprosy. Water pump needed replacing after 2 years. It's burning oil like a drunk BP CEO. The cheap plastic on the inside is worn off everywhere you put your hands. The leather seats are fading and tearing. Oh. And the stupid key fob won't work. Avoid this car. Avoid Pontiacs. Avoid GM.

GP GT
By FC on 07/31/10 12:35 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car for my wife. Certified GM used with warranty. It offers a good drive, with excellent comfort for the leather bucket seats. Driver ergonomics are unmatched. However, with the 200 hp 3800, it feels big and lumbering. I love the rumble from the dual exhaust, but its an overall underwhelming experience. I'd definitely recommend finding a GTP for more power. It has great looks and we love the silver exterior with the black leather and moonroof. Heater fan detonated recently, a costly repair without the bumper to bumper warranty. Other than that, not a single problem!

Last of a great car
By grand prix no more? on 07/26/10 06:49 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I am on my third gran prix and wish they would keep making them. This is a good car is you drive 20k miles a year. You can drive it for 8 years, get 160k and move on. You can not beat it for the price. Everyone raves about the foreign cars in this class but those cars cost $8k more and those owners put money into the car. I will miss this one when it is done.

Solid
By Kurls1800 on 03/07/10 02:03 AM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My GP has given me 5 years of great service . I did have a front rotor warpage issue early on and just decided to replace them. Otherwise, just change the oil and other common maintenance. Sad to see Pontiac end its production of Grad Prix's. Love the Pontiac red dash lights.