Sad To See Pontiac Go
By indianmike on
2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)
I bought the car new in December 2003 and am still driving it in 2013 with 105,000 miles. Got the GTP and it still accelerates like a champ and handles very well. I'm pleased with the interior with easy to use controls, plus it fits me like a glove. This car is big but doesn't feel too big like our Chevy Monte Carlo. Excellent factory stereo, heads up display that should be in every vehicle and a reliable 3.8 engine. The paint still sparkles, the chrome wheels look great and the body style isn't embarrassing for a 10 year old car. The problems I've experienced are a recurring problem with the traction control and body squeaks that drive me crazy. Too much plastic in the interior.
Favorite Features
Supercharger Heads up display Monsoon stereo that sounds way better than our 2010 GMC Acadia. The Chevy can't even compare. The color is dark gray and the windows are tinted, both complemented by the chrome wheels. It still looks good for its age. The body style IS a little out of date but, hey, it's 10 years old so what do you expect?
Suggested Improvements
So GM discontinued Pontiac but kept Buick. Good strategy, GM. The impact to me? I'm about to buy my first Honda or (dare I say it?) Ford.