GM retired a powerhouse
By zaranjjt on
2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GT2 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)
Bought the car in 2005 with 6k on it.It's now around 114k and still running splendidly.Never really had any major problems until last year when I accidentally hit a curb. Soon after had to replace tie rods, brakes found leaks in the coolant tank and power steering reservoirs. Got them all replaced at around 5k, now the car runs like smooth as silk. Even now i get a thrill out of an early morning acceleration rush. the a/c brings temperatures to polar regions in the peak Texan summer effortlessly. The car used to sheer through Michigan snows without so much as a sway. Many friends who had Hondas and Infinitis would ride with me because the stability of the Grand Prix in those conditions.
Favorite Features
Without a doubt the drivers cockpit and red lighting.
Suggested Improvements
No point the brand is deceased, but it was a fun ride. I will never sell the car, i will drive it till it stops and no one can fix it.
By zaranjjt
on 03/15/14 08:25 AM (PDT)

This is an update to my post : After 115K miles I decided to do work on the car myself. I have now changed the radiator, the fuel filter, brake rotors, Water Pump, pulleys Sepentine belts, hoses and also the air/cabin filters. All for around 400$. I have since done a coolant flush and transmission flush too. The car now runs as well as it did 10 years ago. My suggestion; as cars age, it appears dealerships and mechanic shops treat them especially badly, so you're better off doing work yourself. Take your time, learn the steps and your car is in much better hands. Start with buying a Haynes manual, really helps. Just my opinion.