2004 Pontiac Grand Prix 3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Good Ol' Girl

2004 Pontiac Grand Prix - Consumer Review

GT2 Sedan (3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Good Ol' Girl
By nola2012 on

2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GT2 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car used in Sept 05 with 33,000 miles on it. I am now looking to retire her with 220 plus. Overall she's been very reliable but this car does have some design flaws. Rainstorms are not its friend. Water runs down into the AC system and I had to have the heater box replaced. The blower began sticking on last year, got it fixed and didn't last. The AC system has now burned up in it completely and I'm not getting it fixed. The floors will also get soaked in heavy rain which is really strange. The backseat is too cramped but the trunk is the size of Nebraska. I have loved the power and good looks of this car though.

Favorite Features

Power, reliability, good looks
By lstpierr3
on 03/26/13 12:58 PM (PDT)

I bought this car used about 4 years ago, (My first used car since I was a teenager). At that time, it was a 1 owner with only 24K on it, so essentially it was like buying a new car. I gotta say, the car now has 115K, still runs awesome, great power when you need it, I got the GTP model. Ergonomics could have been better, and front end is very poor, it takes bumps like a tank, my Mustang takes bumps better. Overall though, I am not sorry for buying this car, I use it as my daily ride to and from work, just put a pair of new Michelins on it, she rides nice, handles well, no shakes or shimmys. Favorite features would be the power and reliability. Haven't had to put anything into it other than normal wear and tear maintenance, brakes, battery, tires, and a tie rod. Not bad for a near 10 year old car. Not so favorite features is the lame front end and the way it takes bumps, and thought it would do a bit better then 21 mpg.