2003 Pontiac Grand Prix Consumer Review: Never buy another Pontiac

2003 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan - Consumer Review

Never buy another Pontiac
By Gary Keister on

2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Let's start out by saying I have been a Chevy/gm person my whole life and grew up in a family the same way. However I am so disappointed in my grand prix at the constant repairs with such low mileage. At 20,000 had the transmission pulled and repaired along with a wiring harness. Soon after the car had a very bad oil leak. Now at 57,000 the abs light is on water pump needs replacing. I have coolant running out and will cost me around $800 because the labor is long . GM decided to make you tear 1/2 the engine apart to do this job. I never thought I would drive anything but gm but I am going to do the thing that bothers me most, buy foreign.

Nice to drive

Needs more head room. Get rid of the dexcool (coolant) I did some research and it appears this wears out gaskets quicker than normal causing problems, big lawsuit going on right now.
By 49alaska49
on 11/15/11 18:35 PM (PST)

Your problems that you are having are extremely unheard of and rare for a GM car, especially the Pontiac Grand Prix. Maybe it's the way you drive it? Mine has over 240,000 miles and it has had very minimal repairs along the way. Granted, I have taken extremely good care of it. My dad has been a GM mechanic for 30 years, and the Grand Prix was the car he had the fewest problems with over the years.