2003 Pontiac Grand Prix Consumer Review: Never buy another Pontiac

2003 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan - Consumer Review

Never buy another Pontiac
By Gary Keister on

2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Let's start out by saying I have been a Chevy/gm person my whole life and grew up in a family the same way. However I am so disappointed in my grand prix at the constant repairs with such low mileage. At 20,000 had the transmission pulled and repaired along with a wiring harness. Soon after the car had a very bad oil leak. Now at 57,000 the abs light is on water pump needs replacing. I have coolant running out and will cost me around $800 because the labor is long . GM decided to make you tear 1/2 the engine apart to do this job. I never thought I would drive anything but gm but I am going to do the thing that bothers me most, buy foreign.

Nice to drive

Needs more head room. Get rid of the dexcool (coolant) I did some research and it appears this wears out gaskets quicker than normal causing problems, big lawsuit going on right now.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By 49alaska49
on 11/15/11 18:35 PM (PST)

Your problems that you are having are extremely unheard of and rare for a GM car, especially the Pontiac Grand Prix. Maybe it's the way you drive it? Mine has over 240,000 miles and it has had very minimal repairs along the way. Granted, I have taken extremely good care of it. My dad has been a GM mechanic for 30 years, and the Grand Prix was the car he had the fewest problems with over the years.