This car has changed my views of GM
By partsman99 on
2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)
I bought this car with 71K miles on it in 2009. The clock currently shows 137K, and I am fairly impressed with it. Starts every time I put the key in, no matter how hot or cold it is. The good: plenty of power with the standard 3.8, decent sound system, good fuel economy with the size of the car, the overall look of the car is pleasing to the eye. The bad: needed intake manifold and gaskets right at 100K, a solenoid in the trans is going bad, low roof line so my head is almost rubbing the ceiling (I'm 6'1"), very picky about which alternator is in it. My overall opinion is this is a good car, and that takes a lot for me to say being a die-hard Mopar fan. It's old, and people still like it.
Favorite Features
Averages 26 mpg with my 40 mile commute to work everyday, decent Bose sound system, near bullit-proof 3.8L engine. Ride quality is decent.
Suggested Improvements
Make all the engine/transmission gaskets last longer than 90K miles. All the Chrysler's I've driven in the past have never had this problem. Electrical system could use some improving. The rear tail lamps draw moisture, which most Grand Prix's on the road have this problem.