2003 Pontiac Grand Prix 3.1L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

2003 Pontiac Grand Prix - Consumer Reviews

SE Sedan (3.1L V6 4-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:
So far so Good
By Ray Schiller on 10/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought this car for $5k from an individual, and so far, I love it. It runs smooth and powerful even with the 3.1. Handling is very responsive (kind of like the Camaro LT I use to have). Ride is firm and sporty. At 68K mi. it has a few minor imperfections, but hey, Ive been driving a 92 Chevy pickup with a stick for 12.5 years so this car feels like a Vette. I was glad to find out that the engine has a timing chain, no belt. Lots of fun to drive with dead straight tracking. I find myself taking the long way home. The stereo sounds great & the seats are comfortable. Overall, it's a really nice ride for not a lot of money. If you want a great car for $5 to $6k check one out.

great American design and quality
By save the brand on 07/16/09 22:02 PM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I have never been sorry I bought this GM product.Overall reliability has been excellent.The engine has good power and good fuel economy,and it SOUNDS like a real engine. The handling with the low profile tires and alloy wheels is excellent. Ride quality is very good,a bit on the firm side,w/good road feel. This car has never had a 4 wheel alignment and tracks straight as an arrow. No probs with the with the exhaust,battery,or even a belt!I have replaced only 2 components- the gas cap and the blower motor resistor(that was a tough do-it-yourself-job, but I managed).The fit and finish is very good,with virtually no squeaks or rattles in 5+years. &I know my wife is safe in it.I would buy again.

Excellent Car!
By Danny on 05/03/08 11:02 AM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

As soon as I drove away, I was blown away! For the small of the two engines, the 3100S definitely provides impressive power and response. Quick off a stop and maintains speed effortlessly. 4 speed is definitely the way to go with this car, which shifts quite smoothly I might add. Phenomenal highway car as well, especially when it makes 30+ mpg! Not bad around the city either, I average between 22-25 mpg. The engine sounds great when the car is winding out too, without losing gas needlessly. All in all it is a supremely well balanced car in terms of performance, style, efficiency, and overall intrigue of the vehicle. I got mine used with low miles & never been happier behind the wheel.

GrandPrix Luva
By luvpontiac on 02/13/07 09:42 AM (PST)

2003 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I love the Grand Prix design as well as the reliability. This is my second Grand Prix and the only reason I sold my other one was because I wanted something newer! Has a lot of get up, fun to drive, smooth handling, and reliability is excellent. I have not had one problem with my new GP yet! Not to mention Pontiac has the BEST stereos in their vehicles.

Excitement in a 3100 4-door
By cubre on 01/24/07 20:20 PM (PST)

2003 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car from my father who put 115,000 highway miles on it. It tracks great, gets great gas mileage (35 mpg hwy), and is a strong runner. Unexpectedly fast for a smaller V-6. Car has great throttle response and excellent field of vision (unlike so many new cars). Also, noticed there is a heater vent under the drivers seat which is great on winter days (heats the seat) A credit to Pontiac for building a great car. An excellent value buy

gtp
By magilla on 11/07/06 06:55 AM (PST)

2003 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

handles like a giant go cart, acceleration and braking are right there at your reach, very happy with this car. tony

pontiac gran prix
By mel ryan on 03/25/06 15:40 PM (PST)

2003 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I really like the car. Except for a few discrepancies I would give it a ten. Had to bring it back to the dealership three times for a water leak on the windshield, front breaks had to be replaced and a whistling noise from the engine. Noise was comming from the generator and not under warranty. It would cost me about three hundred dollars to replace or just put up with it. I chose the latter.

Better than expected
By JamJan on 11/21/05 21:52 PM (PST)

2003 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

We've owned this vehicle for nearly 3 years and are basically pleased. For an inexpensive car, it performs pretty well. The build quality leaves a bit to be desired and the steering feels a little heavy (dang front wheel drive), but GM did a fine job with the rest of it.

Love It
By Siochain on 08/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Little hard for short people to get out of the car but easy for kids to get in on their own. Lots of room for a car. Sound system is nice too. Love the 90- degree opening rear doors.

Great ride, pricey on gas,,as expected
By KSLavey on 07/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

This car is awesome. I am so happy the car, my only complaint is the price of gas these days, if it was so expensive, I would let the throttle hit the floor all the time and use the car to it's fullest capacity...but it is a great riding car and fun and oh yeah FAST AS HELL