Typical GM product
By Tina Burke on
2002 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)
I owned a 1979 Grand prix and it was an awesome car...They should build them like they used to. I switched to chevrolet after bad experiences with other GM vehicles (firebirds)and after I totaled (not my fault) my camaro I decided I wanted a larger safer car so I bought my 2002 Grand Prix SE.. It is a good riding car but uncomfortable to ride in. The seats should be softer and should hug your body more. I was just hit with an unexpected but obvious problem with the Grand Prix. The bearings went out on my front driver side at 68,000 miles and cost me over $500 to repair. From what I was told by several repair shops this is a COMMON problem with these cars. Seems GM has some work to do!!!!
Favorite Features
Dvd player,roomy interior, sporty exterior, keyless entry, 5 second delay locking system (no more locksmith visits), access from back seat into trunk via trap door, built in snack tray in rear seat, seperate AC adaptor in front console, automatic lights,visual car display, Basically its a smart car!
Suggested Improvements
Softer more body hugging seats so you can feel the road, better AC vents, Lower chasis to hug road more, stereo and cruise control buttons on steering wheel should be standard on ALL models not just GT, GTT ect.. Mainly:FIX the problem with the wheel bearings, this is close to a recall/lemon issue!!