Looks Better Than It Runs
By The Fastest lemon on
2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)
I've had my 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GT Sedan for three and a half years. My Dad handed it down to me after he lost use of his right leg to cancer and I hit a deer with my '93 S-10. For the first three years I've had it, it gave me no problems and I like the way it looks, especially in black, sleek and sinister, the fog lamps, spoilers, and dual exhausts don't hurt either. It was pretty fast and fuel efficient, but it turned into a piece of crap once it had 115,000 miles on it. The windshield wipers stick up when they're turned off, the tail-break lights don't work, you could time it's acceleration to highway speed with a calendar, the windows don't work, and it guzzles gas like a V8.
Favorite Features
Sound system, plenty of power from 231 C.I. V6, when it runs right, cool exhaust note, traction control can be turned off, awesome styling, braking, handling, and reliability. I averaged 30 MPG before it became a pain. Tough as boot leather.
Suggested Improvements
Pontiac should've built the Grand Prix to still be a good car after 115,000 miles.