It has been good to me
By Amy on
2002 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)
I purchased my grand prix in 2002. The previous owner only had it for a 6 months and couldn't keep up with the payments so she turned it back in to the dealer. I bought it with close to 15,000 miles on it (I have no idea where this woman drove it to). Anyways, I'm now at 194,000 miles. It was great up until two years ago when the transmission died on it. I was very meticulous with repairs on my vehicle, which were all normal wear and tear. Since the transmission, it's had other major problems that have been costly. Great car, but I am trading it now for a more reliable vehicle for my family. Overall it's been good to me.
Favorite Features
I'm the type of person, I want the car to move when I step on the gas. No putting around and this car left many other cars still sitting like they were parked! It was also very comfortable during long trips and the original radio/CD player/speakers after all these years still works great.
Suggested Improvements
The body of the car. Unfortunately it rusted by the rear door which is where water seem to stay or splash up against during driving. The design there could have been better.