2002 Pontiac Grand Prix 3.8L V6 Supercharger 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Great MPG and Performance

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan - Consumer Review

Great MPG and Performance
By FuelMiser on

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

When I see ads for a 4 cylinder Hondas that gets 30 mpg highway, I have to laugh as I'm having so much more fun in my GTP. This car is not only a sleeper, it gets gas mileage in the range of Japanese cars but it has 280 pounds of torque to play with. True, the interior plastic parts could have been better, but the mechanical failures of my brother's Accord make me glad I bought a Pontiac. The GTP is well-known for long-term reliability and most of the negative posts you see here are not representative of the total population. I had a GM 3.8 liter with 250,000 miles and not a single mechanical issue. Don't doubt Pontiac's build quality or engineering, these cars are a steal @ <$10K!

Favorite Features

The supercharger's 280 pounds of torque comes on quickly and 240 horsepower carries you through to 6000 RPM while a heated leather driver's seat makes you feel comfy.

Suggested Improvements

The plastic interior pieces make an otherwise excellent machine less than perfect.