2002 Pontiac Grand Prix 3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - A Great Car For The

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan - Consumer Review

A Great Car For The Young People
By Young Gun on

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I brought this car this past February with it having just 70,000 miles on it, did wanted a G6 GT Sedan(Plans fell through) but found this car for a steal, I was worried at first because I was giving up room because it was a mid-size car(car before this one was a 1993 Bonneville SE), but it was still pretty roomy, seats 5, 4 comfortably, and even dough the car is 8 and the design is 13 years old(1997), I still prefer it over the 2004-2008 model, gets good gas mileage for a big 3.8 V6, great for the highway and town, nice interior, just an overall nice ride, the only maintenance I have done so far is new brakes, oil change, support lifts for trunk, and cleaner for catalytic converter.

Favorite Features

My car has the Trip Computer(Digital DIC) and On-star, the computer tells your MPG, range you have left on your tank of gas, fuel used, and how much life your oil has left, and I would like the On-star feature too if they didn't discontinued it for this car and other early model vehicles with it.

Suggested Improvements

The front seats with cloth interior could have been more comfortable, and an better catalytic converter(lots of problems with them clogging up and failing with this particular car and engine).