2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:
Lovable sports car
By G WILSON on 10/29/06 15:05 PM (PST)

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

My Pontiac is full load.Love my leather heated seats speedometer on wind shield, onstar protection,the body is just hot, more power than i can handle

Best car made
By Lori Davenport on 05/24/06 18:29 PM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased this car 3 years ago and took many trips in it. It is very comfortable, reliable, and fun to drive. It is one of the best cars I have ever owned. I will purchase another one when I get this paid off. It has everything you could ever want in it and I have never had any problems with it. It is an awesome car and I am proud to own a Pontiac considering I was a Chevrolet Monte carlo person. The Pontiac Gran Prix is the best car made and I would not trade it for anything. The gas mileage I get is amazing. I will buy another one and highly recommend this car to anyone looking to buy a car.

Cool hoop
By Chris on 05/13/06 16:02 PM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this car for about 2 years. It has about 40,000 miles on it and has been very reliable. My only complaint is that the body moldings on the two rear doors are separating from the door. Also, the front air cowl is too low and hits the parking curbs. All in all, this has been a very good car for me.

Very fun car
By Tim Olson on 09/16/05 17:28 PM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This car is very fun to drive and gets a lot of attention with the right aftermarket accessories. I wish that they kept the same body style through current years though.

Best Looking Car on the Road
By Gary C on 08/21/05 08:02 AM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I think the 2002 Grand Prix competes with the big boys in looks. Actually, I like the design better than the later model design. It also added the 2002 Nascar championship to its resume. What really amazed me about my car with the 3.1 was that I got 33 mpg in pure interstate driving coming home from the dealer. In five mileage checks, I averaged 26 in town. I could not be more pleased with performance. The comfort level is very good especially with the four way driver seat control. I was not used to having automatic controls on everything and that is really nice. The security system is also a nice plus.

Fun vehicle
By mike s on 08/20/05 15:23 PM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Have enjoyed this car from day one. As a automotive mechanics instructor I know cars and this is a good one. This thing has give me one problem wheel bearings the left bearing got loose at 45000 well out of warranty but Franks Pontiac in Lyndhurst,NJ repaired it at no charge even though I could have fixed it myself. The handling is great for a decent sized car as are the brakes. The engine is GM's bulletproof 3.8 Normally aspirated V-6. I replaced the tires with BF Goodrich Traction T/a's at 39K the thing handles like a sports car great in rain/snow and NJ's horrendous roads. Still looks good and runs great after 75000 miles. I plan to buy another in a short time.

Typical GM product
By Tina Burke on 08/02/05 01:35 AM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I owned a 1979 Grand prix and it was an awesome car...They should build them like they used to. I switched to chevrolet after bad experiences with other GM vehicles (firebirds)and after I totaled (not my fault) my camaro I decided I wanted a larger safer car so I bought my 2002 Grand Prix SE.. It is a good riding car but uncomfortable to ride in. The seats should be softer and should hug your body more. I was just hit with an unexpected but obvious problem with the Grand Prix. The bearings went out on my front driver side at 68,000 miles and cost me over $500 to repair. From what I was told by several repair shops this is a COMMON problem with these cars. Seems GM has some work to do!!!!

Fun Ride
By CCrain on 07/25/05 11:47 AM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

The first year I owned this car it was used as a daily driver. Now I have a company take-home so my GTP sits in the garage. The few times that I do drive this car are a blast. Car has good pick-up and is able to merge with no problems at all. The trouble I have had from ths car is both head gaskets had to be replaced, seems to be a common thing with 3.8's and the passenger side window does not want to work sometimes. Other than that, car has been a real pleasure to own and drive.

2002 Grand Prix
By vickie on 06/29/05 14:49 PM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Wonderful car to drive. Wider is better. Needed something that holds 2 sets of golf clubs - they fit in the trunk very comfortably with space to spare. Also wanted something sporty that handles well - not ready for a Grandma car. But I have a problem with the reliability of the car. Transmission went out after 2 years resulting in major repair (under warranty). And driver's side window quit working consistently after nearly 3 years (barely under warranty).

Great Anniversary
By John on 04/21/05 14:54 PM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Love the 'feel' and handling of this wonderful anniversary automobile. Brakes are excellent, the supercharger is steady and powerful, interior is well appointed. I like the head's up display (not at first but it grew on me). Dark Cherry is a beautiful choice for an anniversary edition, performance is steady and true. Needless to say...really like this car.