Used 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

2 Years of love so far
By Scott

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This car was bought in 2007 with 60k on it and never a problem other than a waterpump. The engine is strong as a horse for only 6 cylinders thanks to the supercharger. Highly recommend this vehicle to others.

Bose stereo sound quality. Heads up display lets you know how fast your going without looking down at the speedometer. Nice feature!

Better quality leather and better built interior parts. But then the costs would have to go up right?

Ex GM customer
By Done with Pontiac

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I will never purchase a gm product again. I bought this car new, paid 25k for it and have nothing but problems as soon as the warranty was up. I had the catalytic converter replaced twice, passanger window work only sometines, windshield wipers stop working in down pours. Also replaced numerous sensors adding up to at least $1500 Had the intake manifold gasket replaced $500 with a class action suite only got $100 back. Now I have to replace the oil pan gasket,it will cost $350. Not to mention the gas milage is nothing close to what they said it would be. I was told the transmission will be next. I can not afford a new car now, but as soon as I can this car will be history.

nothing

Here is a novel idea, make a car that lasts or if you make a mistake stand behind your product and stand up for you customers...maybe that is why GM is in the shape it is.

Disappointed Lemon
By Roger V

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I was very excited when I bougth this car used. I got the exted=nded warranty on it thank God. Every 6 months a mojor repair. Head gasket, transmission selenoid, intake gaskets, brakes etc. I used to love this car but each year it gets worse and worse.

Body style, highway comfort, large trunk, gauges etc

Reliability, more head room in front, adjustable pass seat

Not Made to Last
By Grand Prix GT

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GT which was the third pontiac that I purchased since 1998. The 2002 Grand Prix was a trade in. The Lower Intake Gasket went out on it at 15000. It went out again at 30000 and again at 115000. The car brakes tend to wear prematurely averaging 30K on brakes and rotors. The AC/Heat Knobs tend to break prematurely. The tires goodyear 225/60R16 last about 30K per set. I've had to replace speed sensors, the fuel line rail, the rear suspension, and wheel nut caps that crack easily upon removal.

The car is still a fun car to drive and rides smoothly, is good on gas 20/26, but is an expensive car to maintain costing me over $1000 per year.

Change out Intake gaskets; fuel line connectors; AC/Heat knobs; replace wheel nut caps, increase size of wheel rotors; and increase change size of wheels. Get rid of a lot of plastic parts that have to be replaced frequentlyu.

Great Ride!
By Two Face

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car! I bought it as a program car, and I have loved it ever since. I have only had one problem that was covered by the warranty. I bought it at 17K miles and I now have 107K and it still has the same get-up-and-go. It has plenty of room for me and my family, and good trunk space. This is as about as good as you can get for your money.

Good seats, performance, engine that feels at home on the highway.

Cup holders are too close together. Will eat up tires if they are not rotated regularly