2002 Pontiac Grand Prix - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:
great car!
By pontiac owner on 04/23/08 18:31 PM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

i bought this car not knowing a lot about it. I had some repairs, the normal. wheel bearing assemblies,intake gaskets,etc. i got a clue for everyone that hates repair bills. Buy extended warranties. Learn how to fix small things on your car. I myself have begun modifications to it. I can honestly say my Grand Prix is unique. And everyone that complains about repair bills, try the other companies. I work at a dealership, working on Saabs. I know about things on the inside. If you think a few thousand dollars is bad over several years. Saabs are thousands of dollars in one repair bill... Honestly people, American cars are great

My Prix
By joey on 04/16/08 12:42 PM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is the best car! Gets great mileage I average 29 mpg, and on the hwy 33 mpg. For having this awesome engine for power sure gets good mileage. I can pass people when needed & still get the decent mileage.

Love my GP
By kness on 04/09/08 18:02 PM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great car !! I have the 40th anniversary edition and have had zero problems with it. Very reliable, extremely fun to drive.

Awesome reliable car
By donnac on 02/07/08 18:26 PM (PST)

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I owned this car for 2.5 years and put 45,000 miles on it with no problems (other than catalytic converter fixed under warranty). When I traded it in, it still had the original brakes with 75% pads left! I never even had to have an alignment! The only things I ever had to do to the car were oil, tires, and wiper blade changes. I did change the spark plugs at 50,000 miles, but only because I wanted to, it didn't need it. Totally amazing reliability for an American built car. Awesome looks, car ran great, I would highly recommend this car to anyone.

Nice car
By jbjq on 01/19/08 19:55 PM (PST)

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2002 Grand Prix off eBay in 2004 after my 1999 Grand Prix was totaled. It had about 32,000 miles on it. All was well until 2007 when I spent $3500 in maintenance including $2300 for a new transmission. So maintenance is getting expensive. I have 68,000 miles on it now. But since I paid $11,000 for it I still feel like this vehicle is a good value.

A Big Mistake
By samstinks on 06/10/07 19:34 PM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

My husband and I shopped and shopped before deciding to buy this car and despite our careful planning, we made a poor decision. At 20k, I had to have it towed due to a malfunctioning anti- theft device that cut the fuel after 10 seconds. That, at least was under warranty. At 25k, I had to replace my front wheel bearings; a $500 repair. At 56k, both my intake manifold gaskets blew out - $700. Six months later, my head gaskets are blown and the heads possibly damaged from the heat. I commute 25 miles one way to work in it every day, and have had only dealer repairs on it. I've taken care of this car by the book, but it is a horrible car and I can't wait to trade it in.

Great Car; Nice ride
By Brandee Benson on 01/08/07 06:43 AM (PST)

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

This is an overall great vehicle to own. I have been happy with mine for the 4+ years that I have owned it. I bought it new and have taken good care with maintenance, etc. I get about 30 miles/gal. Things to look for: leak in through vent under the hood by windshield. The gasket just needs to be placed better (cost $25 to fix). It needed new computer part for the heater mechanism at about 40000 miles. Needed to replace wiper motor at about 50000 miles, needed new ABS sensors around 70000 miles. Other than that it has been regular maintenance. If you are looking for a good looking car, good gas mileage, great get-up-and-go, and some roomy interior, this car is for you!

Good looks and comfort - Bad Tranny
By hamlir on 11/06/06 10:28 AM (PST)

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

The car looks great and feels great to sit in. It was well made for comfort. The Tranny totally blew up with 129k on it. Reg service was done and even serviced the tranny at 50k & 100k. The think is nothing more than yard art since it wont move.

Lovable sports car
By G WILSON on 10/29/06 15:05 PM (PST)

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

My Pontiac is full load.Love my leather heated seats speedometer on wind shield, onstar protection,the body is just hot, more power than i can handle

Best car made
By Lori Davenport on 05/24/06 18:29 PM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased this car 3 years ago and took many trips in it. It is very comfortable, reliable, and fun to drive. It is one of the best cars I have ever owned. I will purchase another one when I get this paid off. It has everything you could ever want in it and I have never had any problems with it. It is an awesome car and I am proud to own a Pontiac considering I was a Chevrolet Monte carlo person. The Pontiac Gran Prix is the best car made and I would not trade it for anything. The gas mileage I get is amazing. I will buy another one and highly recommend this car to anyone looking to buy a car.