Used 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

It has been good to me
By Amy

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my grand prix in 2002. The previous owner only had it for a 6 months and couldn't keep up with the payments so she turned it back in to the dealer. I bought it with close to 15,000 miles on it (I have no idea where this woman drove it to). Anyways, I'm now at 194,000 miles. It was great up until two years ago when the transmission died on it. I was very meticulous with repairs on my vehicle, which were all normal wear and tear. Since the transmission, it's had other major problems that have been costly. Great car, but I am trading it now for a more reliable vehicle for my family. Overall it's been good to me.

I'm the type of person, I want the car to move when I step on the gas. No putting around and this car left many other cars still sitting like they were parked! It was also very comfortable during long trips and the original radio/CD player/speakers after all these years still works great.

The body of the car. Unfortunately it rusted by the rear door which is where water seem to stay or splash up against during driving. The design there could have been better.

Great Car
By silver bullet

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car from my sister-in- law who purchased it new! I have owned it for about 3 yrs and have great luck with it. I just replaced the original battery (8 1/2 yrs old) not bad. i have had trouble with the psgr window but everything can't be perfect all the time, heck they can't even get my pizza order right 1/2 the time :) just relocated, drove the car 550 miles averaged 34.9 miles on hwy and get 23-24 around town. Currently have 75K and looking forward to another 75K!

heads up display and get up and go

location of cup holders and needs another car charger in back seat area

Awsome Car
By capinshane25

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I got this car for my 18th birthday. It has the looks of a speedster and the engine of one too. Never had anything wrong with it at 150,000 miles. If your a tuner this is the car for you I put flowmaster pipes and two turbochargers on it along with racing tires and 93 gas. it had way enough power before (205 hp)but now it will roll with any mustang or challenger on the road I had it dynoed at 481 hp All in all GREAT CAR good work GM. I hope the Pontiac name plate returns in the future.

Everything

standard transmission.

A Great Car For The Young People
By Young Gun

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I brought this car this past February with it having just 70,000 miles on it, did wanted a G6 GT Sedan(Plans fell through) but found this car for a steal, I was worried at first because I was giving up room because it was a mid-size car(car before this one was a 1993 Bonneville SE), but it was still pretty roomy, seats 5, 4 comfortably, and even dough the car is 8 and the design is 13 years old(1997), I still prefer it over the 2004-2008 model, gets good gas mileage for a big 3.8 V6, great for the highway and town, nice interior, just an overall nice ride, the only maintenance I have done so far is new brakes, oil change, support lifts for trunk, and cleaner for catalytic converter.

My car has the Trip Computer(Digital DIC) and On-star, the computer tells your MPG, range you have left on your tank of gas, fuel used, and how much life your oil has left, and I would like the On-star feature too if they didn't discontinued it for this car and other early model vehicles with it.

The front seats with cloth interior could have been more comfortable, and an better catalytic converter(lots of problems with them clogging up and failing with this particular car and engine).

WORST CAR!!!
By unhappy

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the car in 2009. It only had 63000 miles on it. I thought it would be good for a 2002 model vehicle. The interior has cheap plastic. I only got to put 8000 miles on it when there were too many problems to list in order to fix this chunk of metal GM called a car. It did run fairly well. But I was unsure how reliable it would have been on longer trips other than around town. I will NEVER buy another pontiac vehicle.

The K and N air filter I purchased and put in the vehicle.

Trade it for something else.