Used 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

Pontiac: two words you lose
By GTtoGTO

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

when i first bought my GP it had 106K on it and now currently has 184K the performance even with the N/A 3.8 is very adequate and can only be better from the aftermarket. I've had a few issues over the last 4 years with it needed a new sway bar, steering rack, shocks, head gasket, intake gaskets. I've had many vehicles with far less miles on them and far more problems. Even after it all the car was worth fixing the amount of fun the car offers far out weights the cost(did the repairs myself cost about $1200). I live in central new york and the car has no rust Amazing! it has hooked me on Pontiacs forever hopefully the car will last that long because Pontiac no longer exists if you can buy 1

seat heaters great on your back after a long days work. handling and acceleration to make the thought of a long day fade away. massive interior space great for road trips.

why they never made a manual I'll never know. can't think of anything. why aren't you people buying these cars, they're great.

Great Car!
By BrittaniMcD

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car when my daughter was about 4 months for the extra space, a 2dr Civic just wasn't working out anymore! So far it has been a great car, it has about 176,000 miles on it but runs like it's new! I would highly recommend this car, especially to new moms switching from a small car to a bigger one but still wanting something 'sporty'!

Backseat and trunk space, Super comfy seats, Handling, Dual Climate Control.

Interior switches/knobs

It has been good to me
By Amy

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my grand prix in 2002. The previous owner only had it for a 6 months and couldn't keep up with the payments so she turned it back in to the dealer. I bought it with close to 15,000 miles on it (I have no idea where this woman drove it to). Anyways, I'm now at 194,000 miles. It was great up until two years ago when the transmission died on it. I was very meticulous with repairs on my vehicle, which were all normal wear and tear. Since the transmission, it's had other major problems that have been costly. Great car, but I am trading it now for a more reliable vehicle for my family. Overall it's been good to me.

I'm the type of person, I want the car to move when I step on the gas. No putting around and this car left many other cars still sitting like they were parked! It was also very comfortable during long trips and the original radio/CD player/speakers after all these years still works great.

The body of the car. Unfortunately it rusted by the rear door which is where water seem to stay or splash up against during driving. The design there could have been better.

Great Car
By silver bullet

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car from my sister-in- law who purchased it new! I have owned it for about 3 yrs and have great luck with it. I just replaced the original battery (8 1/2 yrs old) not bad. i have had trouble with the psgr window but everything can't be perfect all the time, heck they can't even get my pizza order right 1/2 the time :) just relocated, drove the car 550 miles averaged 34.9 miles on hwy and get 23-24 around town. Currently have 75K and looking forward to another 75K!

heads up display and get up and go

location of cup holders and needs another car charger in back seat area

A Great Car For The Young People
By Young Gun

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I brought this car this past February with it having just 70,000 miles on it, did wanted a G6 GT Sedan(Plans fell through) but found this car for a steal, I was worried at first because I was giving up room because it was a mid-size car(car before this one was a 1993 Bonneville SE), but it was still pretty roomy, seats 5, 4 comfortably, and even dough the car is 8 and the design is 13 years old(1997), I still prefer it over the 2004-2008 model, gets good gas mileage for a big 3.8 V6, great for the highway and town, nice interior, just an overall nice ride, the only maintenance I have done so far is new brakes, oil change, support lifts for trunk, and cleaner for catalytic converter.

My car has the Trip Computer(Digital DIC) and On-star, the computer tells your MPG, range you have left on your tank of gas, fuel used, and how much life your oil has left, and I would like the On-star feature too if they didn't discontinued it for this car and other early model vehicles with it.

The front seats with cloth interior could have been more comfortable, and an better catalytic converter(lots of problems with them clogging up and failing with this particular car and engine).