2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:
Fun, Comfortable, Great Value
By da-star on 06/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GTP 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Great Car! Test drive one if you have not done so. GT is pretty powerful, but GTP is amazing. No one in the streets expects so much power out of this baby, and they are always in shock when you demonstrate. I own a 99 GTP with 45K miles and had almost no problems (replaced both window lift motors). Quality has been better than expected. And the fun to drive this car is incredible. The car is so much fun that my wife hurries to leave for work so she can "steal" the keys. This is absolutely a Great Value: Fun, Comfortable, Good looking.

Great dependable fun car!
By Karen on 06/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have a 98' Pontiac Grand Prix with 117,000 miles. No problems with this car. Fun to drive and turns heads. Only complaint is the headrests on the front seats, they definitely need redesigned. Other than that, a great car.

Great car, lacks options.
By Todd J. on 05/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

As a 26 year old male, this car is a perfect fit. I bought a 2002 GT for the great looks, great power, Great space, and fantastic cornering. However, even at the high end options there are options missing that I would like to see (see below) I will definately buy another Grand Prix in the future, the new body looks interesting...

Great Car
By BobMc on 04/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GTP 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This is a fun car to drive. Great power, speed and handling. It's a very good value as well. I think the car surprises people with its power.

Most bang for the buck
By F. Pusl on 04/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GTP 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Pontiac Excitement is just a buzzword until one gets to own and drive a Pontiac Grand Prix. I bought a 1998 GT for its distinctive and muscular styling. I was immediately surprised with its performance, which led mo to trade in on a 2001 GTP. This car's performance is simply awesome. The horsepower is definitely under rated. I took it to the west coast and loved the smoothness, comfort, handling and power, especially in the mountains, getting an average of 28 miles per gallon. Talk about reliability, in four years of driving the Grand Prix's I never had to take either car back to the dealer. for repair or adjustment.

Mixed Emotions
By MarkNY on 04/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car is very fun the drive, very responsize handling. I've had horrible problems with premature tire wear. I've had to get is aligned 3 times since my purchase. I've gone through 2 sets of tires, and only have 13K miles in it. The dealer told me I am beating the car, but I drive like I'm the grand marshall of a parade. Most of the car is built really well. But in the truck, they placed this little flimsy plug for the light right in the way of the trunk space. Whenever placing large items in the trunk, I crack it off. It sticks out like a sort thumb. The engineer who designed that needs to be fired, and gives quality engineers a bad name.

Performance, compfort, and style.
By Josh Gray on 03/10/02 21:47 PM (PST)

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix meets all of my expectations, after driving, but not owning, Pontiacs for the past 14 years. I am most pleased with the vehicle. It is full of new features that appear on many of the same class and luxury cars, HUD, Leather seats, sun roof, bose sound system, and now in many GM cars: OnStar. The gas milage is better than they publish at 25.5 city / 33.2 hwy. Perhaps this will lower with time.

A Great Overall Vehicle
By The_Hiz on 03/06/02 12:19 PM (PST)

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GTP 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I was immediately attracted to this vehicle by the aggresive appearance and promise of excellent performance from the supercharged engine. I have not been dissapointed after almost 10000 miles. Overall, this would be an excellent vehicle for someone more concerned about performance than rock-solid craftsmanship.

Don't Like it
By Wade Buchanan on 03/03/02 23:57 PM (PST)

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GTP 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

It may be supercharged but it still didn't do it for me. I test drove one and I would rather have a supercharged Mustang or Camaro. Just my opinion though.

mecham
By CUEVAS on 02/28/02 00:19 AM (PST)

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GTP 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This vehicle is a supercar on racing it gives out an outstanding performance when it come for take off and racing. It's also very comfortable from the interior (the seats, a/c radio/cdplayer) and the most important part of this vehicle is that you can make some modification to the gtp (illuminate your gages, upgrade your system) and all this details won't cost you a thing.