2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:
excellent car to drive
By johnnyv40th on 12/25/04 19:23 PM (PST)

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GTP 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

The grand prix is a very fun car to drive , it has a nice sporty feel but not too hard over bumps.The supercharger realy makes a big difference - it provides great tire smoking performance.

Excellent Quality
By Dave- on 07/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is a well-built fun to drive car with good acceleration. Only car I've owned with little/no problems.

Nice package
By 66GTO on 03/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GTP 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

My GTP is the Anniversary edition. I also own a 1997 GTP sedan which has 150,000 miles. That car is bullet proof. Only repairs were alternator and power window motor. Both covered under warranty.Still runs like a champ. My 2002 is a coupe and it has been flawless. These cars are fun to drive, extremely comfortable fairly economic (24mpg)and look good.

One Great car
By GreggWright on 05/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The car is a wonderful balance of sport and luxury.

2002 GTP
By GTPMAN on 11/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GTP 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I think this veicle is a really nice car it perfores really well i brought it to the track several times and at first i was geting 14.9 but then after it got broke in and it was a little coller out i was running 14.2 at 98 miles an hour bone stock. now i grew up going to the track every weekend and iv never seen a stock V6 no less run a 14.2

40th Anniversary GP
By vga0952 on 10/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I traded in a 1997 Grand Prix that had some basic faults which I feared might still exist with the 2002 model but it appears Pontiac got all the bugs out for it's 40th year of production. I went with $2695 40th Anniversary Special Edition Package Option. In that 2002 is the last production year for a two door along with the Special Edition package my hope is that my coupe's resale value will be better than the standard GT model. Being performance minded, I do wish I had gone with GTP with supercharger although that would bump the sticker price to $30,000 which is too much. To date, with 8000 miles, my customer satisfaction level is nearly 100%.

Back in a GTP
By cudaboy2 on 10/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GTP 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I was in a roll over accident in my previous 2000 GTP and survived with only a bruised arm. It gets my thumbs up on safety. I expect to have the same trouble-free reliability as my previous 2000 GTP. Love the new OnStar option. I am completely satisfied with this car. Can't wait for the new 2004's to come out, though I might switch to the GTO.

My GTP
By Jason De Smit on 08/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GTP 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Excellent car, for the price, you really can't ask for anything more. There are a couple of minor things that I don't particularly care for. But the rest of the car definitely makes up for it. It's rather powerful engines makes driving VERY fun and exciting. And it handles very smoothly!

Vroom
By Cheri on 07/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I LOVE this car. I might have to stick with the Grand Prix because I doubt I will ever be able to go back to normal cars again. The ride is super smooth, interior spacious, and don't get me started on the POWER. This car has made my nightmare commute bearable.

Awesome Car!
By JCSupercharger on 06/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GTP 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

The GTP is just simply an awesome car. It gives a thrill every time I take a drive. I have no complaints. If thinking of buying a Grand Prix I would only recommend buying the GTP - well worth the extra bucks!