Used 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe Consumer Reviews - 32 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

Great Car
By Love Pontiac

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GTP 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Had the car a few months now, and I've loved every minute of it. Great engine and powertrain, I've had no problems from it (almost at 100,000 miles). Handling is good, so are the brakes. I average about 20 mpg, and can go 2 weeks on one tank! Very fast (especially for a v6) will beat any v6 and many v8 muscle cars you run into. The interior is a little cheap, but love the boost gauge, hud, and the seats. Oh, and did I say its fast! Overall a great car!

Engine, HUD, Seats, Ride, and MPG.

Better interior. You should add bolt ons like a cold air intake, performance chip, headers, and new exhaust to improve HP and MPG.

Very good car
By Rob9512

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GTP 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Overall this car is just great. Car has great performance for this type of car, very good gas mileage for the hp, and has plenty of room. The cars do have some common problems like leaking intake gaskets, failing window switches, and blower motor resistor failures but it's just general repairs. The drivetrain is overall extremely reliable and it is very common for these to hit 200k+ miles. The overall performance, style, gas mileage, features, reliability, and practicality make its pros far out weigh its cons. People who post on here about reliability issues with the motors in these cars are insane. Most of what people list are general maintenance. The 3800 is a very proven motor

Heads up display, heated leather, driver information center, dual climate control, usable space, sunroof, and best of all the performance of the 240hp supercharged engine.

They no longer make them so it's pointless, but the intake gasket premature failure for sure, better window motors. Rear wheel drive would be nice, but i guess that's why they introduced the G8.

great car!
By pontiac owner

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

i bought this car not knowing a lot about it. I had some repairs, the normal. wheel bearing assemblies,intake gaskets,etc. i got a clue for everyone that hates repair bills. Buy extended warranties. Learn how to fix small things on your car. I myself have begun modifications to it. I can honestly say my Grand Prix is unique. And everyone that complains about repair bills, try the other companies. I work at a dealership, working on Saabs. I know about things on the inside. If you think a few thousand dollars is bad over several years. Saabs are thousands of dollars in one repair bill... Honestly people, American cars are great

My Prix
By joey

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is the best car! Gets great mileage I average 29 mpg, and on the hwy 33 mpg. For having this awesome engine for power sure gets good mileage. I can pass people when needed & still get the decent mileage.

The 3800 engine is awesome really has get up & go! Trip computer is nice too because I could always keep track of my mileage.

Smaller doors & a bigger opening for trunk. Decent sized trunk but hard to get bigger items in.

Sharp Car!
By Bethany H.

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought my new 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GT coupe yesterday and I am in love! ;-) This is not the first Grand Prix I've had though and every time, they have been very reliable, a blast to drive, the factory sound system alone is great, and of course, what a beautiful car! To anyone who is looking into getting a Grand Prix, I would definitely suggest it.

Other than the radio, my favorite feature are the radio controls built into the steering wheel. They really help me concentrate better on my driving when I want to mess with the radio at the same time.

N/A