2002 Pontiac Grand Prix - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:
We've had ours for 8 years now..
By oldies4me on 04/14/11 11:17 AM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Still low miles, but we can really Haul in it- we should have a SUV!- I mean 25 gal water, a cooler, tools, clothes, bedding, two dog kennels (in back seat of course!) and other stuff for going to our lakelot half the summer.. We had experience with the 3.1 v6 in a Corsica which went well over 100000 miles,; this one has about 80000 so far (retired; don't drive a lot anymore).. The nice surprise was fuel economy- 37 on a trip going 65-75 mph most of the way. Solid, great handling, loves to cruise at 70+.. Trouble? None- just did brakes first time. If I could find a cherry GTP coupe I'd keep it as a collectible!

600 miles to a full tank of gas
By dcharger on 03/24/11 16:59 PM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

love the car, got 209,000 miles on it now,,car was great on gas, but now have trans problem, and some motor problem, but after running it and dumping money in it, i still like it,, but like everything, it dont last forever, smooth ride, never cared for GMs, but this was the only good car i think they made, well thats that

Great Car
By GPGTP on 11/15/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

My GTP is awesome. I love the supercharger and the mileage. I get 24 mpg combined. Would recommend to anyone.

Pontiac: two words you lose
By GTtoGTO on 10/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

when i first bought my GP it had 106K on it and now currently has 184K the performance even with the N/A 3.8 is very adequate and can only be better from the aftermarket. I've had a few issues over the last 4 years with it needed a new sway bar, steering rack, shocks, head gasket, intake gaskets. I've had many vehicles with far less miles on them and far more problems. Even after it all the car was worth fixing the amount of fun the car offers far out weights the cost(did the repairs myself cost about $1200). I live in central new york and the car has no rust Amazing! it has hooked me on Pontiacs forever hopefully the car will last that long because Pontiac no longer exists if you can buy 1

Great Car!
By BrittaniMcD on 08/10/10 07:42 AM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car when my daughter was about 4 months for the extra space, a 2dr Civic just wasn't working out anymore! So far it has been a great car, it has about 176,000 miles on it but runs like it's new! I would highly recommend this car, especially to new moms switching from a small car to a bigger one but still wanting something 'sporty'!

It has been good to me
By Amy on 07/01/10 13:02 PM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my grand prix in 2002. The previous owner only had it for a 6 months and couldn't keep up with the payments so she turned it back in to the dealer. I bought it with close to 15,000 miles on it (I have no idea where this woman drove it to). Anyways, I'm now at 194,000 miles. It was great up until two years ago when the transmission died on it. I was very meticulous with repairs on my vehicle, which were all normal wear and tear. Since the transmission, it's had other major problems that have been costly. Great car, but I am trading it now for a more reliable vehicle for my family. Overall it's been good to me.

Great Car
By silver bullet on 06/09/10 19:30 PM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car from my sister-in- law who purchased it new! I have owned it for about 3 yrs and have great luck with it. I just replaced the original battery (8 1/2 yrs old) not bad. i have had trouble with the psgr window but everything can't be perfect all the time, heck they can't even get my pizza order right 1/2 the time :) just relocated, drove the car 550 miles averaged 34.9 miles on hwy and get 23-24 around town. Currently have 75K and looking forward to another 75K!

Awsome Car
By capinshane25 on 06/04/10 19:59 PM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I got this car for my 18th birthday. It has the looks of a speedster and the engine of one too. Never had anything wrong with it at 150,000 miles. If your a tuner this is the car for you I put flowmaster pipes and two turbochargers on it along with racing tires and 93 gas. it had way enough power before (205 hp)but now it will roll with any mustang or challenger on the road I had it dynoed at 481 hp All in all GREAT CAR good work GM. I hope the Pontiac name plate returns in the future.

A Great Car For The Young People
By Young Gun on 05/15/10 11:10 AM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I brought this car this past February with it having just 70,000 miles on it, did wanted a G6 GT Sedan(Plans fell through) but found this car for a steal, I was worried at first because I was giving up room because it was a mid-size car(car before this one was a 1993 Bonneville SE), but it was still pretty roomy, seats 5, 4 comfortably, and even dough the car is 8 and the design is 13 years old(1997), I still prefer it over the 2004-2008 model, gets good gas mileage for a big 3.8 V6, great for the highway and town, nice interior, just an overall nice ride, the only maintenance I have done so far is new brakes, oil change, support lifts for trunk, and cleaner for catalytic converter.

WORST CAR!!!
By unhappy on 04/25/10 07:28 AM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the car in 2009. It only had 63000 miles on it. I thought it would be good for a 2002 model vehicle. The interior has cheap plastic. I only got to put 8000 miles on it when there were too many problems to list in order to fix this chunk of metal GM called a car. It did run fairly well. But I was unsure how reliable it would have been on longer trips other than around town. I will NEVER buy another pontiac vehicle.