Used 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GT
By sendog2013

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I was pretty lucky when my fiancée discovered my car on Kijiji! A private dealer had gotten my ride from a dealership where it has been traded in for a new car. The last owners basically used the car to drive to the store and church when it wasn't garaged most of its life! With only 114,000 kms and mint inside and very good outside it was pretty much brand new! Anyway, on to my review! A blast to drive, fast and handles awesome! I use it mostly for the highway as I'm traveling between provinces for work and moving. Glides perfectly at high speeds and before you know it you're doing 140 without watching your speed.

Favorite Features

The heads up display is awesome and the vehicle diagnostic center is very helpful tracking your mileage, mpgs, oil change intervals and fuel used/remaining! The Bose stereo system rocks but no inputs :-( Working on getting an aftermarket stereo or expensive changer input toplug in an mp3 input or iPod. The interior is perfect! I'm a big guy and I have more than enough space! All the gages and switches are easily accessible and visible... lots of cargo space, and passengers are comfortable. Really thinking about going to a 2009 G6 ... when I retire this car! I've rolled with Chevy and Volkswagen the last 10 years and now I'm getting into Pontiac... very solid vehicles and the V6 is solid!

Suggested Improvements

None that I can see! Brakes solid, handles very well and the 200hp is nice in the city and passing on the highway!

Great Mpg's, a lot of leg room and powerful!
By k_relyt

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have driven this car for 80,000+ miles and I know what I am talking about when I say this is a great car! I bought the car with 70,000 and now its at 150+ and I have only had to replace minor bits and pieces that come along with driving a car that much. Brake pads, wheel bearings and a battery once. You don't have to buy a 4 cylinder civic to get good milage. This can get 33 tops on hwy and 21 in the city. I avg. 28 driving through mnt. ranges on cruise. For a 2dr the back seat is spacious for leg room and comfy. I can fit my snowboards and wakeboard in my trunk no problem as well as move all my belongings in the thing. It's sharp with the 17" chrome rims and can give you amazing v6power.

Favorite Features

I love the OnStar capabilities, sun roof, large large trunk, temperature reading as well as direction of travel on the rear-view mirror. It has all the digital readings too which is nice. It shows miles left on gas in the tank, mpgs, oil life and shows you a small car on screen to let you know if the trunk or doors are open.

Suggested Improvements

For the price that these go for, no improvements. You get way more than what you pay for and it's surprisingly great for a gm. Most gm's are horrible!

Awsome Car
By capinshane25

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I got this car for my 18th birthday. It has the looks of a speedster and the engine of one too. Never had anything wrong with it at 150,000 miles. If your a tuner this is the car for you I put flowmaster pipes and two turbochargers on it along with racing tires and 93 gas. it had way enough power before (205 hp)but now it will roll with any mustang or challenger on the road I had it dynoed at 481 hp All in all GREAT CAR good work GM. I hope the Pontiac name plate returns in the future.

Favorite Features

Everything

Suggested Improvements

standard transmission.

great car!
By pontiac owner

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

i bought this car not knowing a lot about it. I had some repairs, the normal. wheel bearing assemblies,intake gaskets,etc. i got a clue for everyone that hates repair bills. Buy extended warranties. Learn how to fix small things on your car. I myself have begun modifications to it. I can honestly say my Grand Prix is unique. And everyone that complains about repair bills, try the other companies. I work at a dealership, working on Saabs. I know about things on the inside. If you think a few thousand dollars is bad over several years. Saabs are thousands of dollars in one repair bill... Honestly people, American cars are great

My Prix
By joey

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is the best car! Gets great mileage I average 29 mpg, and on the hwy 33 mpg. For having this awesome engine for power sure gets good mileage. I can pass people when needed & still get the decent mileage.

Favorite Features

The 3800 engine is awesome really has get up & go! Trip computer is nice too because I could always keep track of my mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Smaller doors & a bigger opening for trunk. Decent sized trunk but hard to get bigger items in.