2002 Pontiac Grand Prix - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:
2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GT
By sendog2013 on 04/03/13 11:24 AM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I was pretty lucky when my fiancée discovered my car on Kijiji! A private dealer had gotten my ride from a dealership where it has been traded in for a new car. The last owners basically used the car to drive to the store and church when it wasn't garaged most of its life! With only 114,000 kms and mint inside and very good outside it was pretty much brand new! Anyway, on to my review! A blast to drive, fast and handles awesome! I use it mostly for the highway as I'm traveling between provinces for work and moving. Glides perfectly at high speeds and before you know it you're doing 140 without watching your speed.

Great Mpg's, a lot of leg room and powerful!
By k_relyt on 07/08/12 21:36 PM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have driven this car for 80,000+ miles and I know what I am talking about when I say this is a great car! I bought the car with 70,000 and now its at 150+ and I have only had to replace minor bits and pieces that come along with driving a car that much. Brake pads, wheel bearings and a battery once. You don't have to buy a 4 cylinder civic to get good milage. This can get 33 tops on hwy and 21 in the city. I avg. 28 driving through mnt. ranges on cruise. For a 2dr the back seat is spacious for leg room and comfy. I can fit my snowboards and wakeboard in my trunk no problem as well as move all my belongings in the thing. It's sharp with the 17" chrome rims and can give you amazing v6power.

Awsome Car
By capinshane25 on 06/04/10 19:59 PM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I got this car for my 18th birthday. It has the looks of a speedster and the engine of one too. Never had anything wrong with it at 150,000 miles. If your a tuner this is the car for you I put flowmaster pipes and two turbochargers on it along with racing tires and 93 gas. it had way enough power before (205 hp)but now it will roll with any mustang or challenger on the road I had it dynoed at 481 hp All in all GREAT CAR good work GM. I hope the Pontiac name plate returns in the future.

great car!
By pontiac owner on 04/23/08 18:31 PM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

i bought this car not knowing a lot about it. I had some repairs, the normal. wheel bearing assemblies,intake gaskets,etc. i got a clue for everyone that hates repair bills. Buy extended warranties. Learn how to fix small things on your car. I myself have begun modifications to it. I can honestly say my Grand Prix is unique. And everyone that complains about repair bills, try the other companies. I work at a dealership, working on Saabs. I know about things on the inside. If you think a few thousand dollars is bad over several years. Saabs are thousands of dollars in one repair bill... Honestly people, American cars are great

My Prix
By joey on 04/16/08 12:42 PM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is the best car! Gets great mileage I average 29 mpg, and on the hwy 33 mpg. For having this awesome engine for power sure gets good mileage. I can pass people when needed & still get the decent mileage.

Sharp Car!
By Bethany H. on 04/06/06 19:25 PM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought my new 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GT coupe yesterday and I am in love! ;-) This is not the first Grand Prix I've had though and every time, they have been very reliable, a blast to drive, the factory sound system alone is great, and of course, what a beautiful car! To anyone who is looking into getting a Grand Prix, I would definitely suggest it.

Excellent Value
By Brandon on 06/07/05 17:11 PM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I don't have one single complaint about this car after a little more than a year of owning it. This car is very fun to drive, nice looking, and is very comfortable and spacious for a 2 dr. This is an affordable car that feels like it should be worth a lot more. This is an excellent vehicle to own.

Fun Car
By Nate on 03/03/05 09:56 AM (PST)

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is a fun to drive, very sporty looking car. Only had it into the dealer for a few minor repairs, overall im very happy with it. Had to replace the front tires at 32000 miles, I went with Yokohamas and am very happy with them (less road noise and great traction).

Excellent Quality
By Dave- on 07/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is a well-built fun to drive car with good acceleration. Only car I've owned with little/no problems.

One Great car
By GreggWright on 05/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The car is a wonderful balance of sport and luxury.