2001 Pontiac Grand Prix 3.1L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Watch out for the catalytic

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan - Consumer Review

Watch out for the catalytic conv!!!!
By Stan the man on

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this brand new when 0% first came out. Good car overall. Luckily, I have escaped the tranny problems so far, we'll see. All you owners out there, BEWARE. The catalytic converter on these, the GTs, and the GTPs are bad. There IS a warranty to 80,000 miles on the SE, and they raised it to 120,000 for the others. I have an SE. Got it fixed at 79,600 miles, didn't even know about the warranty. sweet! Oh, by the way. This thing cost 21 grand new, and is now worth 5. Can you say "Honda" from now on!!!!!!

Favorite Features

Exterior styling is beautiful. Handles very well, very stable. Good stereo, not great. Lots of room, nice sized trunk.

Suggested Improvements

Watch that catalytic converter!!! As always, more power, better fuel economy. Oh yeah, GM, could you figure out a way to make your cars not plummet in value the minute we drive them off the lots? I know you can't, but thought I'd ask. hehe It's Hondas and Toyotas for this boy now.