Been good since 140K
By cwitty on
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)
Great car. I've owned for a couple years and haven't had too many issues. Currently at 181K miles and I may need some new belts, but other than that, the engine is a haus. Feels like I couldn't do anything other than crash it to stop this thing from running. Best car for the money if you don't mind riding in a pontiac. Took it on a 3k roadtrip in the 170K range, and it made it there and back with only a wheel bearing that needed replaced. Regular problems/maintenance with this car, bearings, brakes (better than most cars), rear windows, some sensor problems, and from my experience and noting others, usually tranny needs to get rebuilt at some point during the life of the car.
Favorite Features
The power/value ratio is unmatched in my opinion. 3.8 engine has beaten other cars on the road (if it was brand new, I'd put it up against almost any other v6 engine). I ride my car pretty hard, and it has been a tank. One word describes the car, tank.
Suggested Improvements
The MPG if your flooring it isn't all that good, but what do you expect from a 3.8L engine. Interior is a little dismal, but its a early 2000's pontiac.