2001 Pontiac Grand Prix 3.8L V6 Supercharger 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Owned it since new

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix - Consumer Review

GTP Sedan (3.8L V6 Supercharger 4-speed Automatic)

Owned it since new
By John Wakeen on

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I have owned my 2001 Pontiac GTP 4 door sedan since it was new. It has been a very fun car to drive, and I never grew tired of looking at it. Now one has to step up to a Buick to get the Heads Up display which I use all the time. It had a leaky manifold gasket at 74 K miles which I fixed immediately and so far I have not had the bigger problem with a failed head gasket which some of the GM Dex Cool engines have experienced. I have had to replace some wheel bearings in front, steering gear, and other suspension components. I still drive it to work daily and I have had a mechanic offer to buy it. We drove it in the Woodward Avenue Dream Cruise this summer. It gots lots of smiles.

Favorite Features

Supercharger is responsive, quick, with little torque steer. Heads Up display is also very useful. I like the aerodynamic styling as it contributes to the good gas mileage as well as good looks. I am averaging 22.5 mpg overall which I consider quick good for a performance vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Needs passenger seat heater.