I'm Broke
By Delrone on
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)
This car was good until 85k miles. I understand things need to be changed and replaced with a high mileage car like brakes oil filters fluids etc. My costs of repairs have been doubling since my 4th year of ownership. Transmission @120k 3 Master cylinders, brake lines twice, 3 EGR valves, ball joints, Emmisions problems like crazy, carbon build up on the gas pedal, sending unit replaced, electrical grounds rotting off, electrical switches failed early at 40k miles, rusting early 50k miles(once a week washing with a professional detail twice a year)hub assymbly at 83kmiles, wind sheild washer fluid rarely works in cold weather, door seals and locks freeze, thermostat replaced at 130k.
Favorite Features
Adjustable drivers seat. cruise control is solid. suspension, axeles ball joints seem good. still a smooth ride at 165k miles spark plugs last 100k miles according to manual nice feature since they are a pain to replace.
Suggested Improvements
More testing on durability. I know 3 or 4 people with the same vehicle with the same main problems, sending unit, transmission, carbon build up on the gas pedal, rotting gas tank, Parking switch. Need more cup holders and larger ones.