Used 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

POJ
By deanke

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

This was the biggest waste of money I have ever seen. I will never by a GM product again. I had to get the intake gasket replaced twice which was over $1200 each time. The headlights, heat, air conditioning, and windows stopped working. It burned anti-freeze and I had to replace blown-out tires 3 times. NEVER buy this car!!

it has air bags and comfortable seats.

Scrap this car and start over!

Owned it since new
By John Wakeen

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I have owned my 2001 Pontiac GTP 4 door sedan since it was new. It has been a very fun car to drive, and I never grew tired of looking at it. Now one has to step up to a Buick to get the Heads Up display which I use all the time. It had a leaky manifold gasket at 74 K miles which I fixed immediately and so far I have not had the bigger problem with a failed head gasket which some of the GM Dex Cool engines have experienced. I have had to replace some wheel bearings in front, steering gear, and other suspension components. I still drive it to work daily and I have had a mechanic offer to buy it. We drove it in the Woodward Avenue Dream Cruise this summer. It gots lots of smiles.

Supercharger is responsive, quick, with little torque steer. Heads Up display is also very useful. I like the aerodynamic styling as it contributes to the good gas mileage as well as good looks. I am averaging 22.5 mpg overall which I consider quick good for a performance vehicle.

Needs passenger seat heater.

Best Car on the Road
By Dr. Mike

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

To the idiot writing the first review: brakes,tires and ROTORS, are normal wear items on any vehicle. My Grand Prix is the best purchase I have ever made. The Pontiac 3.8 L engine is by far the best production engine ever made. If it is well mantained it will never wear out. I've had mechanics tell me they've seen 3.8's with the oil run out of them and seize not even need new rings! They run strong with excellent fuel economy and power - what more is there to want??

Power, performance, perfectly smooth ride. I run mine every week at over 100 mph without a rattle, shimmy or shake - and mine has over 100k miles!

First Car
By Roman

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I bought this car after having nothing but trucks sinc I was 16. I took one look at this car and it was love at first sight!! It only had about 65k on it and was in mint condition. I love everything about this car except for the rims that come on the special edition package, a minor setback. I have had no problems yet and I hope to not have any either. I love the gas mileage coming from a diesel truck that was getting around 11 mpg Yikes! It will get up and go with the best of them and stay up pretty good. It does govern out at 126 but I don't think that's a prob since I won't be going that fast all the time..

Everything so far

Better cup holders

Drawn to Pontiac
By clbsrodd

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Was always drawn to the style of the car so I had to have one. I am only the second owner of this 01 GTP SE and I love it. Just purchased the car less than a month ago with 85k miles. Was a very well maintained car so I was very lucky to find it. Great daily driver with plenty of power from the super charger with out using much gas. No complaints from me.

Style, spacious interior, fuel economy, supercharger.

NOTHING!!!!!!