Used 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

What a car
By ken

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Great car, with highway mileage at 65 mph 30 mpg, 24 in town, only small problems. Great to handle on sharp curves, hugs the road. Same battery that came with the car, now have 80,000 miles on it hard to wash though always leaving dirty spots in the creases.

One owner, great car
By smak

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I bought this car new from the dealership in Golden, CO. Had 1,000 miles on it, was the general managers car. It has been a great car and very reliable. Oxygen sensor went out under warranty replaced no charge. Mas Air Flow Sensor, fuel filter and power steering hose replaced at 80,000 miles by dealer. Just replaced 1 fuel injector at 105,000 miles myself as well as transmission fluid and spark plugs. Car is loosing a little coolant through leaks I believe in manifold or head gasket. Window problems intermittently but working fine currently. Had a problem with original rotors shimmying when hot at 78,000 but no problem since I replaced them. Paint still looks good.

Fun to drive, comfortable, great sound system - Bose, good gas mileage, leather is holding up well. Nice to drive with the sun roof open.

Have heard about problems with engine gaskets, otherwise no concerns at this time.

Love this car!
By Bonnie

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Ive had this car for a month and I absolutely love it! I bought it with 28k on it so its practically brand new. I was really hesitent to get a car this big but Im so happy I did. I went from having a 4 cylinder to a 6 so Im not used to the gas mileage yet but it doesnt seem to be using that much. The car looks awesome and is so fun to drive! Im hoping to have this car for a long long time.

Fun to drive, feels really fast, looks great

Cheap plastic interior pieces crack and break easily.

Lots of power and style
By bw626

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

We had a GTP 4dr with the supercharged V6. It had all the options. Bought it used with 100000 miles and didn't have a thing go wrong with it. I only had to do routine maintenace, get new brakes, and a align it. The ride was good and the interior was appealing. These are great, stylish cars.

the engine performance, heads up display, and all the options.

seats could be more comfortable.

One of the BEST car on the road today!
By Pontiac GrandPrix

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

After totaling my 2003 Ford Explorer Limited V8 I was looking for a family sized sedan that was good on gas considering that I spent $120.00 on gas a week on my Explorer. When I first saw the grandprix I absolutely loved it. The aggressive front end, flared fenders, and its aggressive stance. I purchased it with 125,000 miles and it drove like it had 25,000 miles on it. Performance is on point, handling is precise, BUT fuel economy was extremely poor. I spent almost the same amount of money on gas as i did with my Explorer. I realize that the vehicle saves gas with 89 and above fuel grade than the lower grade 87. It even improved the performance. Overall this is the best car i ever had!

Its aggressive looking front end, flared front and rear fenders, and its low sitting stance. I call it my mini sports car. (mini as in mini engine) lol

Of course the fuel economy. I went bankrupt from spending so much on gas. The front seats are very uncomfortable. Its like sitting on cardboard with absolutely no support. And lastly a better stereo system. Overall i love it!

• SUV