Used 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Pontiac Grand-prix - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

Ouch, it's the tranny
By Skeeter

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I just took my GP GT into the dealership after hearing a bit of extra noise under the hood. They called me back saying that it appears that a bearing is going and pieces are floating around the transmission. Cost to repair it, $3400. Not too happy about GM build quality after this. The other issues I've had are "warped", distorted windshield, a spot in the paint that had been redone poorly at the factory, and a leaky rear window that had water sloshing underneath the rear seats onto the floor.

Favorite Features

Mileage for given power.

Suggested Improvements

Build quality is way off.

Pedal to the Metal
By Karen

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GTP 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Ever since I was 17 and drove a friends GT I had fallen in love. I then wanted a GTP and I finally got one at 22. It was actually a Napa Pace Car with decals and everything. It has Dale Ernharts Signature on the visor. Now I have Removed the Decals because the were Fading and peeling. And she looks as good as new. I love my GTP You step on the Gas and she goes. She also handles like a dream... I have NO complaints about me GP

Favorite Features

HUD..and controls on the Steering Wheel.. Need I say more???...

Suggested Improvements

Ok I lied I do have one complaint. Gas Mileage.. BUT that could be my Lead foot.. HA HA

It gets looks
By jzone2020

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GTP 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I have the 2 door GTP special edition. The hood scoops and roof racing rails are a nice touch and along with the 4 tailpipe dual exhaust system make the car looks meaner than the 240hp it has. The only problem I had is rain leaked in from the passenger side door, which wet the back carpet. Dealer fixed and everything else has been great. I wonder about the transmission though as I read other reviews here. Thus far all is good. Car rides smooth and the supercharger sure provides awesome pickup. I love the way it looks (unlike the 2004- models) as well as rides.

Favorite Features

supercharged engine, dual exhaust, sport appearance, chrome wheels and heads up display.

Suggested Improvements

wish it had more like 300hp, darker tint,passeneger side heated seat, less wind noise and a sunroof which slid back further.

Amazing Car
By loveit!

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GTP 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I bought the supercharged special edition 4-door sedan. I got a great deal on it and couldn't be happier. It has everything I want and more! The heads up display is awesome and the heated seat gets toasty quickly. I love the power and can now keep up with the best.

Favorite Features

heads up display, heated seats, steering wheel radio controls, special edition package...how about everything.

Suggested Improvements

Both driver and passenger seats heated and darker factory tint.

MY MOMMA CAR
By BONNIE

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I HAVE ONLY HAD THE CAAR ONE MONTH AND I REALLY LOVE IT! I HAVE ALREADY DRIVEN 1000 MILES, A LOT OF MY JOB IS DRIVING AND I AM ENJOYING IT!

Favorite Features

POWER AND STERIO

Suggested Improvements

ASHTRAY IS TO SMALL AND HARD TO GET OUT TO EMPTY.