Used 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe Consumer Reviews - 27 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

Needs toys to get going
By Greg

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GTP 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I bought my GTP when it was two years old and had only 7k on it. At first I really like the torque of the supercharger, but after ridding in other non-supercharged six cylinder coupes/sedans i'm no longer impressed that much. The car has a nice exterior look to it, but once you open the door and set inside the cheesy interior appointments is what gets your attention. Way too much plastic inside. I have to say that the drivers seat is very comfortable, but the passenger seat is a bear. I've put 2k worth of go fast goodies in her and she now performs at a level that she should have stock with the almost 30k MSRP she had when new. Pontiac has lost there love afair with true real world performance

HUD, Drivers seat

Unlock all the power that the 3.8 has available. Redesign the interior and make similar to the GTO. The brakes are terrible. They need slotted rotors front and rear with atleast two piston calipers. Offer a wheel that is widder than 6.5" to allow customers more tire options.

Ouch, it's the tranny
By Skeeter

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I just took my GP GT into the dealership after hearing a bit of extra noise under the hood. They called me back saying that it appears that a bearing is going and pieces are floating around the transmission. Cost to repair it, $3400. Not too happy about GM build quality after this. The other issues I've had are "warped", distorted windshield, a spot in the paint that had been redone poorly at the factory, and a leaky rear window that had water sloshing underneath the rear seats onto the floor.

Mileage for given power.

Build quality is way off.

Pedal to the Metal
By Karen

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GTP 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Ever since I was 17 and drove a friends GT I had fallen in love. I then wanted a GTP and I finally got one at 22. It was actually a Napa Pace Car with decals and everything. It has Dale Ernharts Signature on the visor. Now I have Removed the Decals because the were Fading and peeling. And she looks as good as new. I love my GTP You step on the Gas and she goes. She also handles like a dream... I have NO complaints about me GP

HUD..and controls on the Steering Wheel.. Need I say more???...

Ok I lied I do have one complaint. Gas Mileage.. BUT that could be my Lead foot.. HA HA

It gets looks
By jzone2020

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GTP 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I have the 2 door GTP special edition. The hood scoops and roof racing rails are a nice touch and along with the 4 tailpipe dual exhaust system make the car looks meaner than the 240hp it has. The only problem I had is rain leaked in from the passenger side door, which wet the back carpet. Dealer fixed and everything else has been great. I wonder about the transmission though as I read other reviews here. Thus far all is good. Car rides smooth and the supercharger sure provides awesome pickup. I love the way it looks (unlike the 2004- models) as well as rides.

supercharged engine, dual exhaust, sport appearance, chrome wheels and heads up display.

wish it had more like 300hp, darker tint,passeneger side heated seat, less wind noise and a sunroof which slid back further.

Amazing Car
By loveit!

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GTP 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I bought the supercharged special
edition 4-door sedan. I got a great
deal on it and couldn't be happier.
It has everything I want and more!
The heads up display is awesome and
the heated seat gets toasty quickly.
I love the power and can now keep up
with the best.

heads up display, heated seats, steering wheel radio controls, special edition package...how about everything.

Both driver and passenger seats heated and darker factory tint.