2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:
One owner, great car
By smak on 05/22/10 18:13 PM (PDT)

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I bought this car new from the dealership in Golden, CO. Had 1,000 miles on it, was the general managers car. It has been a great car and very reliable. Oxygen sensor went out under warranty replaced no charge. Mas Air Flow Sensor, fuel filter and power steering hose replaced at 80,000 miles by dealer. Just replaced 1 fuel injector at 105,000 miles myself as well as transmission fluid and spark plugs. Car is loosing a little coolant through leaks I believe in manifold or head gasket. Window problems intermittently but working fine currently. Had a problem with original rotors shimmying when hot at 78,000 but no problem since I replaced them. Paint still looks good.

Love this car!
By Bonnie on 05/13/10 08:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Ive had this car for a month and I absolutely love it! I bought it with 28k on it so its practically brand new. I was really hesitent to get a car this big but Im so happy I did. I went from having a 4 cylinder to a 6 so Im not used to the gas mileage yet but it doesnt seem to be using that much. The car looks awesome and is so fun to drive! Im hoping to have this car for a long long time.

Lots of power and style
By bw626 on 05/07/10 06:35 AM (PDT)

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

We had a GTP 4dr with the supercharged V6. It had all the options. Bought it used with 100000 miles and didn't have a thing go wrong with it. I only had to do routine maintenace, get new brakes, and a align it. The ride was good and the interior was appealing. These are great, stylish cars.

One of the BEST car on the road today!
By Pontiac GrandPrix on 01/13/10 07:34 AM (PST)

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

After totaling my 2003 Ford Explorer Limited V8 I was looking for a family sized sedan that was good on gas considering that I spent $120.00 on gas a week on my Explorer. When I first saw the grandprix I absolutely loved it. The aggressive front end, flared fenders, and its aggressive stance. I purchased it with 125,000 miles and it drove like it had 25,000 miles on it. Performance is on point, handling is precise, BUT fuel economy was extremely poor. I spent almost the same amount of money on gas as i did with my Explorer. I realize that the vehicle saves gas with 89 and above fuel grade than the lower grade 87. It even improved the performance. Overall this is the best car i ever had!

POJ
By deanke on 12/13/09 10:36 AM (PST)

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

This was the biggest waste of money I have ever seen. I will never by a GM product again. I had to get the intake gasket replaced twice which was over $1200 each time. The headlights, heat, air conditioning, and windows stopped working. It burned anti-freeze and I had to replace blown-out tires 3 times. NEVER buy this car!!

Owned it since new
By John Wakeen on 11/17/09 18:35 PM (PST)

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I have owned my 2001 Pontiac GTP 4 door sedan since it was new. It has been a very fun car to drive, and I never grew tired of looking at it. Now one has to step up to a Buick to get the Heads Up display which I use all the time. It had a leaky manifold gasket at 74 K miles which I fixed immediately and so far I have not had the bigger problem with a failed head gasket which some of the GM Dex Cool engines have experienced. I have had to replace some wheel bearings in front, steering gear, and other suspension components. I still drive it to work daily and I have had a mechanic offer to buy it. We drove it in the Woodward Avenue Dream Cruise this summer. It gots lots of smiles.

Best Car on the Road
By Dr. Mike on 11/02/09 13:21 PM (PST)

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

To the idiot writing the first review: brakes,tires and ROTORS, are normal wear items on any vehicle. My Grand Prix is the best purchase I have ever made. The Pontiac 3.8 L engine is by far the best production engine ever made. If it is well mantained it will never wear out. I've had mechanics tell me they've seen 3.8's with the oil run out of them and seize not even need new rings! They run strong with excellent fuel economy and power - what more is there to want??

First Car
By Roman on 08/18/09 23:53 PM (PDT)

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I bought this car after having nothing but trucks sinc I was 16. I took one look at this car and it was love at first sight!! It only had about 65k on it and was in mint condition. I love everything about this car except for the rims that come on the special edition package, a minor setback. I have had no problems yet and I hope to not have any either. I love the gas mileage coming from a diesel truck that was getting around 11 mpg Yikes! It will get up and go with the best of them and stay up pretty good. It does govern out at 126 but I don't think that's a prob since I won't be going that fast all the time..

Drawn to Pontiac
By clbsrodd on 05/12/09 16:38 PM (PDT)

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Was always drawn to the style of the car so I had to have one. I am only the second owner of this 01 GTP SE and I love it. Just purchased the car less than a month ago with 85k miles. Was a very well maintained car so I was very lucky to find it. Great daily driver with plenty of power from the super charger with out using much gas. No complaints from me.

Love my GT
By Gary on 03/02/09 09:21 AM (PST)

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my GT 4dr in Sept. of 2001. All 165,000 miles are mine. I have all service records, the car has been excellent. The only problem has been two power window motors, the dash cluster went out and had to replace the fuel sensor in the gas tank. Other than that all has been routine. I still own and love to drive the car.