2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:
Ouch, it's the tranny
By Skeeter on 10/04/05 21:55 PM (PDT)

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I just took my GP GT into the dealership after hearing a bit of extra noise under the hood. They called me back saying that it appears that a bearing is going and pieces are floating around the transmission. Cost to repair it, $3400. Not too happy about GM build quality after this. The other issues I've had are "warped", distorted windshield, a spot in the paint that had been redone poorly at the factory, and a leaky rear window that had water sloshing underneath the rear seats onto the floor.

Pedal to the Metal
By Karen on 09/30/05 22:33 PM (PDT)

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GTP 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Ever since I was 17 and drove a friends GT I had fallen in love. I then wanted a GTP and I finally got one at 22. It was actually a Napa Pace Car with decals and everything. It has Dale Ernharts Signature on the visor. Now I have Removed the Decals because the were Fading and peeling. And she looks as good as new. I love my GTP You step on the Gas and she goes. She also handles like a dream... I have NO complaints about me GP

It gets looks
By jzone2020 on 09/15/05 16:22 PM (PDT)

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GTP 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I have the 2 door GTP special edition. The hood scoops and roof racing rails are a nice touch and along with the 4 tailpipe dual exhaust system make the car looks meaner than the 240hp it has. The only problem I had is rain leaked in from the passenger side door, which wet the back carpet. Dealer fixed and everything else has been great. I wonder about the transmission though as I read other reviews here. Thus far all is good. Car rides smooth and the supercharger sure provides awesome pickup. I love the way it looks (unlike the 2004- models) as well as rides.

Amazing Car
By loveit! on 10/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GTP 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I bought the supercharged special edition 4-door sedan. I got a great deal on it and couldn't be happier. It has everything I want and more! The heads up display is awesome and the heated seat gets toasty quickly. I love the power and can now keep up with the best.

MY MOMMA CAR
By BONNIE on 07/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I HAVE ONLY HAD THE CAAR ONE MONTH AND I REALLY LOVE IT! I HAVE ALREADY DRIVEN 1000 MILES, A LOT OF MY JOB IS DRIVING AND I AM ENJOYING IT!

Good car, but......
By QCK/GTP on 06/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GTP 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

After 7 months of ownership I'm overall satisfied with my 01 GTP coupe, but with all the go fast goodies out there for the 3.8L engine tells me the engine has a lot more available if GM would just tweek it a little. This power train was a good idea, but the enineering is lacking in the output and reliability area. The plastic in the interior is really cheesy. This is my first Pontiac and if their is never another 2 coupe with power that is less than $30,000.00 it will be my last. In my opinion Pontiac is really missing the boat by getting out of the pony car market and other than the overprised GTO is not making any powerfull 2 door coupes.

2001 Pontaic Gran Prix GT Coupe
By Jayramos on 05/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car has been the best GM car I had in the past 12 years. It has been reliable and well designed - young yet looks good on a 40 year old-LOL. Although the minor interior noises annoy me now & then - it is a fun car to drive & have.

Good Car
By Billywilly on 03/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GTP 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This is a great car. It starts everyday and runs perfect. The Heads up display sometimes becomes faint in cold weather. The tire wear is very good. The performance is great for a car of this size. The car performs well in wet or snow conditions. The braking is very good on the car. The inside is very comfortable and spacious. The inside carpet is wearing very fast. The seats look and feel like new. The mileage hasn't changed since day one 20-28 depending on traffic. Overall I think this is a great car for the dollar.

2001 PONTIAC GRAND PRIX GTP
By Johnyy on 03/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GTP 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

BOUGHT THE CAR NEW AND DIDN'T HAVE ANY PROBLEMS WITH IT.

A good Solid Car
By twinoklahoma on 02/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We have had this car for nearly 2 years and have had absolutely no problems. We bought it with 30K + and currently have close to 90k+. It still looks, runs and feels new! I owned a Grand AM before this and have gained a new respect and appreciation for Pontiac. This is a Power Sport vehicle that handles wonderfully. I am 6'5 and always have plenty of room. Just a great Car! If you are thinking of buying this car do it. It is a wonderfully reliable car with style and power!