Used 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Consumer Reviews - 110 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

great all around car
By Robert Cashen

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Bought brand new Oct. 2001. Minimum maintenance. Only somewhat major repairs done are replace a/c compressor and catalytic converter.

i wouldn't buy another older gm model
By will

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Well let me first say when I first got this car from a private party and it was a nightmare ,had about 230,000 it was sitting for months it had pine straw and dirt inside of it but that could be. Cleaned but the bad news was the drivability was bad because both bearings were bad and needed replacing,had like 5 engine service lights codes and the transmission keep shifting erratically,oil leaks and intake gasket is cheap the car from the previous owner pretty much left IT for dead but the car had plenty of recalls even had to replace the water pump twice

Pontiac,
By guy

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Race car like performance. B.M.W. killer the super charger makes all the difference !

GREAT CAR!!
By zkjsfbdkws894

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car is great! The car is very well constructed. I recently got this car as my first car and I wouldn't take anything else. It's pretty fast for being 13 years old and that 3800 Series II engine is a beast. My car personally has trouble starting and the key gets stuck in the ignition. i know the key getting stuck in the ignition is a common problem, but if this happens, there is a hole (you may need to remove a little plastic cover) under where you would insert the key on the steering column. You just use a pen or something, push in the little knob and you can remove the key. There are some websites or videos telling you how to. But this is a great car and would recommend to people!

The 3800 Series II engine is a tank and runs good. The leather (optional) is good and that one heated seat (optional) works well. The OnStar (optional) is a cool feature even though it's useless. I like how to car is styled overall. I also lie how the headlights give it a "mean" look.

I wish GM would have designed the key release a little better. Most cars have a problem where it gets stuck.

Hey It's A Pontiac! What Can I Say?
By evnsptc

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I ordered this car brand new to my specifications (Special Edition GTP, Navy Blue, Graphite Two-Tone Heated Leather, HUD, Moonroof, I also got an extra set of 3 Spoke Polished Aluminum Rims to go with it) I love this car and will keep it forever!! It has 17K miles (I barely drive it, it's my pride and joy!) It's been a great car to me! Very comfortable, enjoyable/head turning, reliable and it looks great doing so!

Everthing in/on it!