Great car at 9 years old
By SMG_MP7A1 on
2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 2dr Coupe
This is an absolutely fantastic car. My GTP is 9 almost 10 years old and runs like new with 132,000 miles. I had a full run of tests done on this car when my a/c went out and it had only three problems 1.a/c pump went dead 2. small oil leak due to old gasket on oil pan 3. Not exactly a problem yet but i was told to keep an eye on the CV boot. Fun to drive, starts just like a GM should, 0-60 somewhere in the mid 6's. pretty comfortable on long drives except the leather makes your back sweaty. got the a/c pump replaced and i am going to put a new oil pan gasket on myself during next oil change. This car I think could benefit from a 5 speed instead of a 4.
Favorite Features
Heads-up display looks cool and it is a great safety feature. Steering wheel mounted audio controls are a great addition. The classic GM interior that is sightly turned towards the driver is always awesome. good brakes. The heated seat I've come to love, at first I thought it was a bit much for me.
Suggested Improvements
Sadly the interior is pretty cheap. But I look at it as, yeah it is cheap but it is light there for making the car faster and consumes less fuel. And with the powerful 3.8 liter supercharged V6 anything that makes the car more fuel efficient is a welcome addition. 20-22 city 28-30 highway.