Used 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe Consumer Reviews - 48 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

Ol' Blue
By TAB

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

Well, I bought this car on a whim, after my previous car was totalled on Christmas Eve of 1999. Having never driven a Grand Prix before, I was immediately impressed with its power, handling and just darn good looks. I chose the 2 door GT model with optional leather, heated seats, power everything, HUD, AM/FM/CD player, sunroof, dual control climate system, and the list goes on and on. My Grand Prix has withstood the mileage like a champ. I average 24,300 miles per year, but racked up over 45,000 in 2002. She is still going strong. I have not had to replace a single mechanical part since the day I picked her up. I would highly recommed this vehicle to anyone else. Keep it up, GM!

The main thing that caught my eye was the Navy Blue Metallic paint wearing the high polished aluminum torque-star wheels. The color changes from navy blue to light purple by day and dark purple to black by night. It was, and still is, simply beautiful. The handling is one of my favorite features.

An improvement that I recommend is a better fitting dash. It took me several attempts of removing and padding it to quite the squeaks. But, no matter how much care I took to avoid holes and such, the squeaks would always come back to haunt me.

True Ride
By M john J

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GTP 2dr Coupe

let's see not only is this car very comfortable it also looks sharp. the interior is very sleek with tons of extras i could'nt even list them all. never had any problems but like any car its all how you treat it i had a friend who beat on it pretty bad and even his held most of the torcher, all age car ia right on the money i like it and all my friends complement it and i let my parents borrow it for 2 week and they loved it! they fought over it... good in the snow and i always feel safe in it. Avoid 2 accidents in it and had complete control while swiving ... Its a keeper in my eyes!

comfort, reliable, appearence, all the extras inside, HUD(Heads Up Display) stereo Kicks! ... oh and P O W E R !

agree with the car wash thing about the back wing but that isnt stopping me from Keep'n it! I would like to turn the lights Off but im not a fan of day time driving lights

amazing 6'er
By mat

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GTP 2dr Coupe

The comfort level inside the car is amazing I took a lot of team trips where every seat was filled and only the middle back person complained but still appreciated the extra room compared to other cars. This car is good for any age driver everyone could get something good out of it!

My favorite features on this car was the pick up that was there to spare and the control.

The wing on the back after a car was will leak water this was fixed on the newer models but not the old ones you could always go with an after market wing

A Nice Car
By promoprod

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

This car is GREAT!! It'll get up n' go whenever I need it to, and is very comfortable and responsive at both higher and lower speeds. I've had no major problems with it, only a couple of minor things that my warranty took care of (water leaking onto the passenger floorboard when using the A/C, and a rear speaker that went out). Right now, the DRL's won't turn on, but to be honest, I think it almost looks better without them. This car is great around town, and will easily get around anything too slow on the highway. I've had it nearly five years, and I still enjoy driving it!

Aggressively styled exterior, very roomy interior (especially for a coupe), excellent handling & response, excellent acceleration, a very comfortable ride for the driver and passengers.

I would've liked the 60/40 split rear seat to the trunk. The small pass- through space in the back seat isn't very practical.

2000 GPGT
By Scott85

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

This was a good car in the beginning. Bought it @ 45K , it now has 70K . The GPGT is probably one of the best cars I've ever driven in the snow, it goes through it without missing a beat. The power is decent, gas mileage is good, looks great! It does very good on long road trips. Now the bad part. Luckily when we (fiancee and I) bought the car, we got the extended warranty. It has helped pay for the $5K in repairs of this car. So far - intake & exhaust manifold gaskets have been replaced, HVAC fan was stuck on high, steering rack & pump replaced, front drivers side ball joint went out and in a "chain reaction" of events - broke the drivers side axle in two, replaced both of the tie rods.

Looks good, great in the snow.

Better build quality.