2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:
Pretty Good Car
By cheetah on 11/02/05 11:17 AM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan

Bought my 4 Dr with 14 miles on it. Love the look and really a fun car to drive. But after 85K miles, it's been having issues. The cheap driver seat "springs" have broken, A/C is flakey and not fixed after over $500 in repair work, and tranny is starting to act up. Although it's been fun to drive, the issues cropping up and my need for something I can haul stuff in is leading me to get rid of it.

Pontiac GP 5 year owner
By David on 09/30/05 17:29 PM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan

This car has been rock solid and very reliable. The only maintenance items (besides oil changes) have been replacing the battery at 65k, tires at 55k, and front brake pads at 60k. This car has good acceleration, and has averaged 22 – 25 mpg in stop and go freeway traffic. The best gas mileage I got was 32 when we were heading back from vacation and had a tank full of Nevada gas. It has plenty of room for 4 adults and a child in the middle.

Fun to Drive But. . . .
By Antelope Mike on 08/21/05 21:54 PM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan

First 50K this car was a blast! Had a 1997 Mustang V6 before, but traded it in for a family car when my daughter was born. I wanted a more pratical car yet sporty as I had only owed sport coupes (all sticks)before. The GP-GT was the perfect car for me. I chose it over an Accord, Maxima and Camry. However, the last 44K (currently has 94K on it)has been another story. First the transmission (seems like a popular complaint) went out. Unfortunately, didn't have extended warranty. Then a power window, the ABS is malfunctioning causing the brakes to shudder when applied until the ABS turns itself off. I have also gone through 3 "seven year" batteries. Too bad, because the GP-GT is so fun to drive!

good used car to buy
By johnny g on 07/29/05 16:32 PM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GTP 4dr Sedan

When I bought it, it was 3 yrs old with 38,000 miles. Got a great deal. I'm happy with it, fun to drive. My gas mileage is not as good as others. I get about 17 and 27. My biggest complaint are the seats, they are comfortable, but when cornering, you'll slide right off the seat if you go too fast. I love the heads up display!!

Lousy car, Lousy dealer
By Heff on 06/08/05 09:51 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

This was my second GP...what a disappointment! The A/C was repaired 3 years in a row. Once under warranty and the last two on me. The A/C was not working again this year, so the car is gone. Given a different reason each time, supposedly, but the result was always the same - no A/C. Water leaks, bearings, undiagnosed vibrations, excessive road noise and tire wear, a stereo system with speakers that constantly cut out, and non-stop computer problems made this car the worst I have ever owned. The most the dealer would say - well, that happens some time. I've purchased several cars from this dealer, but never again. Likewise for the Grand Prix.

2000 Grand Prix GT
By Mark Bowles on 05/11/05 22:01 PM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan

After 108,000 and five years, I am happy to report my Grand Prix has been very reliable. I am surprised based on Consumer Reports evaluations. This has been a great car!

All Around Awesome
By Philly on 02/20/05 23:01 PM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GTP 4dr Sedan

I owned an eclipse before this, and I was always being smoked because it looked fast, but wasn't. Now that I have my Grand Prix, people have no clue what it's capable of and I've yet to lose a race. My Grand Prix has 66,000 miles on it and it drives like it is new. The engine has been said to have over 200,000 miles and still run strong! This car couldn't get much better!

Disappointed
By Disappointed on 12/19/04 10:22 AM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I love the appearance of my car, but after a while of having it...so many problems to overcome! Transmission is bad, replace brakes all the time, water leaks into the driver side floor, had to replace the intake gasket and the computer part of the accelerator... etc. I was so excited about the car and then all of these things started happening... and of course... no more warranty. I love my car, I just wished it worked like it should and that I could be 100% sure that I will make it when I get in it and go somewhere..ha ha.

*****2000 Pont. Grand Prix GT 4dr*******
By Sirhc11 on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan

As the owner of a 94 Pont. GP SE 4dr previously, to a 2000 Pont. GP GT 4dr I have to say is a HUGE improvement. The 94 lasted 195,000 miles before needing an engine overhaul, and required continous dealer visits for plugs seizing in place every 10,000 and over $5,000 in repairs (inc a new tranny which is VERY expensive)between 140,000 and 175,000 (2yrs total) **HOWEVER** The 2000 Pont. is a VERY different tale. I bought the vehicle from a non pontiac dealer in 2003 for $11,000 with 44,000 miles on it, to date I have put on 31,000 additional miles without a PROBLEM!!! Knock on wood....BEWARE of the mpg though...this car EATS gas..I found the computer mpg gage 100% accurate!!! LOVE THIS CAR!!!

Dependable and fun to drive
By rab61384 on 09/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan

My GP has treated me well. No engine problems after 4 years and 60k. However, my fuel economy is nowhere near what some other people are saying. For purely around town driving, it gets around 16. However, highway-only fuel economy is excellent at 30. Car handles well with plenty of power. Some of the interior components are cheap. Like some others, the door panels have started to get loose, and power windows seem to be slowing down a lot now. Seats could be a little more supportive for a long drive. Overall though, it has been a positive driving experience and the car has gotten me through many snowstorms safely.