Used 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe Consumer Reviews - 48 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

I love this car!
By patte_a

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I bought the GP GT after driving a rental GP GT while my wrecked car was being repaired. I buy cars like most women buy shoes, but I will drive this car until the wheels fall off. It is by far the most dependable vehicle I have ever owned. The dealership has been fantastic for service. My stepson has already asked to buy this from me when he graduates from college. It is a definite keeper.

Looks, ride and handling on wet roads.

More comfortable seating would be nice, but what it has is ok.

Still going strong
By Silver bullit

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

This is my 2nd grand prix. I had my 1st for 125K. This one has 106K so far and I intend to take it to 130K or so. Just like the last one, the acceleration, handling,braking & traction control have always made me feel confident on the road. Some of the cheapisms are getting on my nerves. The maint record has been good, but not stellar. Outside of reg maint, I have replaced a ball joint, valve cover gasket, rr calipers, intake manifold, hood latch, struts and a few switches, seals & sensors in the 7 years I have had it.

Power, handling, high feature content, looks, comfort

Improve build quality, interior materials, NVH & sound system. I remember having a hard time finding one on the lot w/ the doors & hood on straight.

Reliable Pontiac
By barrys42

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GTP 2dr Coupe

I've had 3 Grand Prixs before purchasing this one 6 1/2 years ago. This has been by far the most reliable American car I've had. The only things I've had repaired was a faulty ABS sensor (under warranty) and replaced the fan motor. Evidently there is a small discharge hole that can clog easily and rust out the motor. The performance of the Grand Prix is great for such a heavy car. A heavy car certainly helps for stability and passenger protection. My MPG averages about 19-20 in city driving and gets around 30 on the highway. MPG has improved with time. The interior leather is cheap but comfortable. The Heads Up Display is such a great item I don't know why it's not offered more.

Supercharged engine: helps fuel economy when you don't gun it but power is there when you need it. Spacious interior, reliable engine, transmission shifts smoothly. Heads Up Display allows you to keep your eyes on the road at all times.

Engine needs refined and updated to not require premium fuel. I never have liked the rear tail lights.

This Car is My Baby
By Oneap

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

Bought the car in 2003 out of a lease. It is the second car that I have owned and a real step up from my previous vehicle. I fell in love with it the day I saw it at the dealer. The only work I have had to do in 3 years is flush the coolant (preventstive maintenance) and replace the original battery (75,000 miles). The 3.8L engine and wide track suspension make it a dream to drive. Even though it is a 2000, I think it is one of the best looking cars on the road - the gentleman at the car wash place are particularly impressed. The picture for the vehicle on edmunds.com looks exactly like my baby. It is great car and I intend to drive it for some time!

All of them! The engine and handling are fantastic. The very large backseat, comfortably fits four adults for a long trip. There is also very ample leg room in the front. The red interior lights look very slick at night. The trunk is huge and the middle of the back seat folds down for long items.

The only thing the vehicle lacks is a compass.

Great car, Bad transmission
By Fire Red

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

The transmission is the only thing that is bad on this particular vehicle. Everything else gets exceptionally high marks. The transmission failed approximately 6 months ago. I took it into my local dealership and they quoted me $2,500.00 I contacted Pontiac and they told me to send them the information. As of this writing they have yet to respond to my enquiries. Since this happened to me I started Googling this issue and have since found many strings speaking very poorly of these transmissions.

The interior drivers area resembles a cockpit at night and couple that with the tight tracking provides you with a very nice experience.

The transmission needs serious improvements. I was told by my dealership the overdrive went out, and has been parked now for 6 months.