2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:
Pontiaction
By The Icon on 04/20/07 05:40 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GTP 4dr Sedan

I bought the car brand new with all the available options possible including the Bose sound system. I dont drive the car very far at all but when I do it is pure excitement and I get looks when I am next to another car. When I first had it, I did have seal leak problems and the steering, when very cold outside, seems stiff. Other than this I had good luck with the car. It just turned 7yrs old in February and it looks new, had several offers to buy it from me , including my mechanic.

Don't buy one for the looks
By melissa on 04/17/07 14:49 PM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

The first several months, it drove like a dream. I fell in love with the design. Big mistake. Back door sides have been popping off, transmission has been going out, replaced starter, keys get stuck in ignition, only the passenger window will roll down, the vechile now shakes when under 45MPH, twice a year the windshield wipers need replaced, no trunk light, console cup holders have fallen off. This all happened within 3-4 yrs. of having the car. I have always taken care of my cars, but no matter how good I treat it, everything keeps breaking. My rear view mirror fell off after several months. If you have money to spend then this is the type of car you'll want.

Best preloved car I ever bought
By ryan427 on 02/17/07 20:34 PM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GTP 4dr Sedan

I bought my 2000 GTP with 96000 miles on it. It was a one owner in mint condition. the previous owner had to put a transmission in at 77,000 miles, but had no other issues. Apparently, there was a problem with some of the trannys in these cars. Replacing the battery is a real bear. Dash rattles a bit over bumps. I am watching a possible leaky valve cover gasket. Aside from that, this car rocks. Performance, fuel economy and looks are all outstanding. I lucked out and found this model with every single feature offered. It was a $29,000 car in 2000. Added Mobil 1 to the engine and trans and, a K&N filter and am now experiencing 30 mpg on the highway.

pretty good car
By cpakron on 12/15/06 07:41 AM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in Feb. of 2006 and haven't had any major problems to date. Although, within the first week of ownership, I had to replace all 4 speakers (front-driver side=blown and rear-driver side=dead) and my front-passenger side window motor went out (which I am still yet to fix). The rear struts also will make a crunching sound sometimes. Otherwise, I really love driving the car, it is very sporty and I do get occasional looks.

Junk electrical with these cars
By Earl on 09/06/06 04:59 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan

Car has done very well in all areas except electrical which have been a nightmare. Can we talk? The driver's side window motor failed at less than 10k miles (in-warranty). Two of the other three failed out of warranty (one window failed after it had only been up and down ONCE). The blower motor failed at about 75k. The alternator and battery failed soon thereafter. The AC works great but makes squealing noises for years now. Have tried everything short of replacing compressor to fix it. Dealers want $400+ to fix the Pontiac- designed window motor problems.

A Rotting Lemon
By Eric on 07/23/06 05:58 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Beyond the annual trips to the mechanic to fix a leak or a rattle, we had a to have the entire steering system replaced at 75000, the AC redone soon thereafter. Then the fun started. The dirver's side window motor broke, the driver's side seat mechanics broke, and the door panels are constantly popping out of place. Last week, the light for the radio and clock went out. Now we're replacing the radiator and selling it ASAP. It's fun to drive and handle's well, if only the roads to the mechanic's were more windy we could have more fun!

Pontiac power windows, UGH.
By Cal on 04/16/06 18:56 PM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan

I have had a truly horrible experience with the power windows. To date I have had 2 switches 4 regulator/motors replaced. That's 6 and I only have 4 windows. And, this all occurred within 75,000 miles.

very nice ride
By andy on 02/10/06 22:04 PM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan

this car has been excellent only thing we have had to replace is a blower motor total cost for parts and labor was $220.00. We have 68k on it with still the original brake pads all the way around and its excellent in ther snow. Would recommend to anyone.

grand prix very nice
By tygable on 01/29/06 09:08 AM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan

bought car used in march 2005 privately for a very good price. nice all around car very comfortable and beautiful styling car has 79,000 miles with 3.1 v6 runs great and starts all the time. looking forward to many years of service. Kudos Pontiac.

GP#2!
By Lotsamiles on 01/11/06 18:41 PM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan

What a fun car to own and drive! This is my second one, this one purchased used w/ 32k miles. Now at 100k miles and it's getting those tranny and brake shakes. At least it has the great 3800 engine, one of the things GM has gotten right! It gets very good mileage if you keep your foot out of it, but hard to do.