Used 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

Love it!
By Rodd

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

Bought the car used in 2002 with 33K miles. Other than having to replace the crank position sensor (car would shut off while driving down the road), and ABS issues (which would correct itself after disconnecting the battery for a few minutes)and normal wear and tear items, the car has been fantastic. I have 123,000 miles on it and just love it. It is a great looking car and I still get regular comments on it. Drove it from Michigan to Florida in 2006 (1,800 miles) and average 33 MPG.

Style, handling, performance, cost of ownership.

Get rid of the plastic headlights because they yellow easily making it difficult to see at night.

Fast and reliable
By raiderzfan422

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GTP 2dr Coupe

I have had my 2000 GTP for 3 years now and love it. I cant stop upgrading it. I love to power it has for a v6 and with all the available upgrades its a V8 eater. Great handling and quick acceleration. Also love the sound of a supercharger. Gets good gas milage for the kind of vehicle it is. For under 800 dollars this car can be improved from 240 stock to 300 hp.

Supercharger, handling, HUD feature along with heated seat and sunroof.

Available manual transmission or a 5 or 6 speed auto.

Pontiac Love
By Joe

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

Love this car to death. I've had it just over 3 years now and have not had a single issue with it yet. The only money I have had to put into the car has been for gas, oil and the other liquids.

I especially love the way that the car handles in corners, haha you can drive it like you stole it, as the bumper sticker says. I've been around race cars my whole life and this one feels like one when I drive.

I wish the car came in rear wheel drive but other than that I have no other ideas.

A lot of Mechanical Problems
By vgopaul

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I have had this car for going on four years. My driver side motor window went out, I have had to replace the timing belt, ball joints, get a new radiator, replace my entire power steering, heater coil, rocking pena (however thatís spelled), not to mention typical ware and tare on the car such as brakes (which I expect to pay for). I couldn't believe it because I take really good care of that car. I had a Pontiac before this and experienced the same problems. I will never by a GM product again. It is a very nice car, but mechanically it has costs me thousands. My entire family buys Pontiacs, but after two experiences like this in a row- it behooves us to purchase these vehicles.

The look and style.

These cars should have been better mechanically engineered!

I love this car!
By patte_a

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I bought the GP GT after driving a rental GP GT while my wrecked car was being repaired. I buy cars like most women buy shoes, but I will drive this car until the wheels fall off. It is by far the most dependable vehicle I have ever owned. The dealership has been fantastic for service. My stepson has already asked to buy this from me when he graduates from college. It is a definite keeper.

Looks, ride and handling on wet roads.

More comfortable seating would be nice, but what it has is ok.