2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:
A Nice Car
By promoprod on 03/01/05 01:25 AM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

This car is GREAT!! It'll get up n' go whenever I need it to, and is very comfortable and responsive at both higher and lower speeds. I've had no major problems with it, only a couple of minor things that my warranty took care of (water leaking onto the passenger floorboard when using the A/C, and a rear speaker that went out). Right now, the DRL's won't turn on, but to be honest, I think it almost looks better without them. This car is great around town, and will easily get around anything too slow on the highway. I've had it nearly five years, and I still enjoy driving it!

2000 GPGT
By Scott85 on 01/16/05 03:51 AM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

This was a good car in the beginning. Bought it @ 45K , it now has 70K . The GPGT is probably one of the best cars I've ever driven in the snow, it goes through it without missing a beat. The power is decent, gas mileage is good, looks great! It does very good on long road trips. Now the bad part. Luckily when we (fiancee and I) bought the car, we got the extended warranty. It has helped pay for the $5K in repairs of this car. So far - intake & exhaust manifold gaskets have been replaced, HVAC fan was stuck on high, steering rack & pump replaced, front drivers side ball joint went out and in a "chain reaction" of events - broke the drivers side axle in two, replaced both of the tie rods.

Love the car
By tina on 12/11/04 20:43 PM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GTP 2dr Coupe

Have had a lot of problems with expensive items. Thank goodness for extended warranty GMPP. Paid for it all. 3 climate control systems, 2 radio/cd players, 2 power window motors, an engine coolant seal leak, 1 heads up display, and another $1500 repair for some kind of sensor that kept shutting the engine down when it warmed up and we stopped. I love the car even with all of the repairs because like I said I didn't pay for them GMPP did. :) I think all of the repairs have totaled about $6000

2000 Grand Prix
By Me2 on 09/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

Owned for 4 1/2 yrs only replaced the crummy original goodyear tires!

Second Time Around
By cnote on 08/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I traded in my 2000 GP three years ago on a new Avalanche. Loved them both! When gas got crazy I sold the truck and went back to a GP. Always been a solid ride with no major problems. Still turns heads with looks and sounds.

The best car I have ever had!!!!
By master7777 on 07/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GTP 2dr Coupe

I love my DaYTONA 500! It is the best car I ever had It ran a 14.57b in the 1/4 mile stock!!! With under $200 in parts I am running high 13's. It is one of the best things I have ever Bought. Everyone should buy a grand prix and everyone will get along............I love my grand prix GTT!!!

The 2000 Grand Prix GTP Coupe
By Myron on 02/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GTP 2dr Coupe

I believe the Grand Prix is an excellent purchase. For the amount of money you pay for this car I really cant ask for to awfully much more. I think the Grand Prix GTP is the perfect car if you want something that has a resonable amount of luxury and an excellent amount of power.

Grand Prix GT
By Fyrfytr1 on 12/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I use this vehicle to commute to work approximately 100 miles per day. I also use it as an emergency response vehicle(full siren and lights). It corners nicely at higher speeds and cruises nicely at higher speeds. The vehicle handles well in crosswinds and when overtaking slower traffic has a good throttle response.

Go car
By pein66 on 11/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GTP 2dr Coupe

very reliable and fun to drive

sick grand prix
By treek on 10/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I have a gold 2000 grand prix gt it is a blast to drive, just wish it had alittle more power after 85 it has had no problems since I have owned it when I first purchased it was quick but now that I have borla exhuast, cold air intake, and reprogamed ecu it screams took mustange gt in quater mile at track