Used 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

I like my car but......
By lowlovesu

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan

I purchased my grand prix gt a few years ago at auction. It had 101tho. miles. The car looked good and ran well at first but then many big issues began coming up. It seems each time it breaks down its at least 300 in repairs, it makes a gosh awful sequel.The belt was replaced twice and it still squeals? Also my gas gauge quit working awhile back . It also has some electrical glitches because random lights on the panel go on for example the low fuel light goes on all the time as well as the oil and coolant lights (even when all these things are changed) and the open trunk light doesn't work at all. Also the car is rusting pretty bad underneath But for 12 yrs old and counting its a decent car!

Nice sized back seat and trunk, fun to drive, sporty for a sedan, for a four door it looks pretty bad a** , good car for a young driver, its FAST!

A more rust resistant body (my car has more holes forming then I can count I can barely keep up filling them in) , Better electrical, Nicer interior (the all plastic interior detracts from the look of the car) , Better reliability, Better gas mileage.

Great car, if it would quit breaking
By prettygtp

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GTP 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 113,000 miles which is lower than any other car I have owned. In it's defense, I bought it from an auction so who knows how it was taken care of. But it ran great! It was super fast. Then things started breaking, exhaust, window switches, suspension, leaky valve covers. I had a bad feeling but never wanted to sell it when the transmission decided to blow. The first gear totally destroyed itself. Will not own one of these again, going back to my mustangs which get 200,000 miles on them before they go out.

It was fast! Loved the supercharger. Babied it though and only could get 20 mpg.

Still going!
By jodan29

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan

I can't say enough how I love my 2000 GT and will miss it when I retire it. Almost 300,000 miles and the trans is just starting to worry me. I drive 52 miles one way to work. Have had my share of problems, some covered by warranty others not. Still has the original exhaust and engine. Don't like that the black is a matte black with no sparkle; shows scratches too much. Interior has held up great. All I can say is if you keep it maintained it will not disappoint you. Sad to see Pontiac go under. :(

Love the sporty feel inside considering it's a 4 dr. Went from the child free Mustang to the 2 kids 4 dr Grand Prix. LOVE the radio controls on the steering wheel. Powerful engine and good gas mileage

Nothing

love my prix <3
By elizabeth

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan

the one & only problem i've ever had with my car is that it needed a new battery cause the alarm was draining it (alarm went off all the time) otherwise i LOVE it. its sporty but not too little either (not too much into the little cars) runs like new & i always get compliments on it ;)

just the way it looks & how it shows how many miles you have left in your gas & the % of your oil change & the sound system

Absolutely nothing :)

2000 4dr gt
By Ryukyu_Warrior

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan

Good car, fun to drive when it runs. Poor Engine design, will run hot. and stock water pump is garbage. other than that good car.

projected speedometer.

new water pump, thermostat, cold air intake?

• SUV