2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:
Fast and reliable
By raiderzfan422 on 02/09/08 13:41 PM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GTP 2dr Coupe

I have had my 2000 GTP for 3 years now and love it. I cant stop upgrading it. I love to power it has for a v6 and with all the available upgrades its a V8 eater. Great handling and quick acceleration. Also love the sound of a supercharger. Gets good gas milage for the kind of vehicle it is. For under 800 dollars this car can be improved from 240 stock to 300 hp.

Pontiac Love
By Joe on 12/12/07 16:10 PM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

Love this car to death. I've had it just over 3 years now and have not had a single issue with it yet. The only money I have had to put into the car has been for gas, oil and the other liquids.

A lot of Mechanical Problems
By vgopaul on 08/30/07 12:21 PM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I have had this car for going on four years. My driver side motor window went out, I have had to replace the timing belt, ball joints, get a new radiator, replace my entire power steering, heater coil, rocking pena (however thatís spelled), not to mention typical ware and tare on the car such as brakes (which I expect to pay for). I couldn't believe it because I take really good care of that car. I had a Pontiac before this and experienced the same problems. I will never by a GM product again. It is a very nice car, but mechanically it has costs me thousands. My entire family buys Pontiacs, but after two experiences like this in a row- it behooves us to purchase these vehicles.

I love this car!
By patte_a on 01/18/07 21:52 PM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I bought the GP GT after driving a rental GP GT while my wrecked car was being repaired. I buy cars like most women buy shoes, but I will drive this car until the wheels fall off. It is by far the most dependable vehicle I have ever owned. The dealership has been fantastic for service. My stepson has already asked to buy this from me when he graduates from college. It is a definite keeper.

Still going strong
By Silver bullit on 01/04/07 08:12 AM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

This is my 2nd grand prix. I had my 1st for 125K. This one has 106K so far and I intend to take it to 130K or so. Just like the last one, the acceleration, handling,braking & traction control have always made me feel confident on the road. Some of the cheapisms are getting on my nerves. The maint record has been good, but not stellar. Outside of reg maint, I have replaced a ball joint, valve cover gasket, rr calipers, intake manifold, hood latch, struts and a few switches, seals & sensors in the 7 years I have had it.

Reliable Pontiac
By barrys42 on 08/09/06 15:39 PM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GTP 2dr Coupe

I've had 3 Grand Prixs before purchasing this one 6 1/2 years ago. This has been by far the most reliable American car I've had. The only things I've had repaired was a faulty ABS sensor (under warranty) and replaced the fan motor. Evidently there is a small discharge hole that can clog easily and rust out the motor. The performance of the Grand Prix is great for such a heavy car. A heavy car certainly helps for stability and passenger protection. My MPG averages about 19-20 in city driving and gets around 30 on the highway. MPG has improved with time. The interior leather is cheap but comfortable. The Heads Up Display is such a great item I don't know why it's not offered more.

This Car is My Baby
By Oneap on 05/21/06 07:26 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

Bought the car in 2003 out of a lease. It is the second car that I have owned and a real step up from my previous vehicle. I fell in love with it the day I saw it at the dealer. The only work I have had to do in 3 years is flush the coolant (preventstive maintenance) and replace the original battery (75,000 miles). The 3.8L engine and wide track suspension make it a dream to drive. Even though it is a 2000, I think it is one of the best looking cars on the road - the gentleman at the car wash place are particularly impressed. The picture for the vehicle on edmunds.com looks exactly like my baby. It is great car and I intend to drive it for some time!

Great car, Bad transmission
By Fire Red on 05/15/06 12:55 PM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

The transmission is the only thing that is bad on this particular vehicle. Everything else gets exceptionally high marks. The transmission failed approximately 6 months ago. I took it into my local dealership and they quoted me $2,500.00 I contacted Pontiac and they told me to send them the information. As of this writing they have yet to respond to my enquiries. Since this happened to me I started Googling this issue and have since found many strings speaking very poorly of these transmissions.

Ol' Blue
By TAB on 11/29/05 18:05 PM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

Well, I bought this car on a whim, after my previous car was totalled on Christmas Eve of 1999. Having never driven a Grand Prix before, I was immediately impressed with its power, handling and just darn good looks. I chose the 2 door GT model with optional leather, heated seats, power everything, HUD, AM/FM/CD player, sunroof, dual control climate system, and the list goes on and on. My Grand Prix has withstood the mileage like a champ. I average 24,300 miles per year, but racked up over 45,000 in 2002. She is still going strong. I have not had to replace a single mechanical part since the day I picked her up. I would highly recommed this vehicle to anyone else. Keep it up, GM!

True Ride
By M john J on 05/28/05 12:01 PM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GTP 2dr Coupe

let's see not only is this car very comfortable it also looks sharp. the interior is very sleek with tons of extras i could'nt even list them all. never had any problems but like any car its all how you treat it i had a friend who beat on it pretty bad and even his held most of the torcher, all age car ia right on the money i like it and all my friends complement it and i let my parents borrow it for 2 week and they loved it! they fought over it... good in the snow and i always feel safe in it. Avoid 2 accidents in it and had complete control while swiving ... Its a keeper in my eyes!