10 year original owner
By Eric D on
2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan
Bought my Grand Prix Dec 26, 1999. Absolutely loved to drive it. The car was great until it hit about 75k miles, then things really started to wear down. Had one major repair of the rack and pinion and power steering at the same time. Was about a $1500 repair. Many other little things also began to fall apart since 75k. Driver power window quit working. Gas gauge began to malfunction and I had to track the fuel level with the trip odometer. Also, the low coolant light was always lit and even the fluids were topped off. The carpeting wore very early on. Overall, it was a satisfying ownership but mostly because I paid it off two years earlier then I had expected and owned it free and clear.
Favorite Features
The body was great. Loved the sporty look. The V6 3.8L engine really had plenty of power in reserve when you needed it. It was also a very comfortable car with loads off leg room and nice contoured seats.
Suggested Improvements
Too many little issues came up too early. I'd expect the malfunctions I had from a car with 100k+ miles, not 75k. Maybe it was cheap parts, maybe it was poor design. I don't know.