2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:
Best Car I've Owned
By eric116 on 07/28/11 02:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 2dr Coupe

I love this car. I bought it only for $100 dollars back in April after I traded in my 03 impala for it, yes i know I downgraded to a 2000, but the Impala was starting to rust and the Grand Prix had no rust and I've always wanted a GP and it always slipped through my grasp until now. The only problem I have had with the GP is the windsheild has a crack in it, not the big of a problem being that it is not in my line of sight. Plus my ac and heating had a weird problem where the drivers side only blew hot air even with the ac on but the passengers side worked just fine at first but it corrected itself right before summer.

Perfect First Car
By Chad on 07/15/10 01:54 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 2dr Coupe

I got this car a few years ago as my first car. I was originally shopping for Accords, but they were out of my price range and I was recommended the Grand Prix because the 3800 V6 is supposedly "bulletproof." In the 5 years I've owned the car it has lived up to the reputation. It has had a few small issues(key gets stuck in the ignition occasionally and LED backlight on radio went out), some of which I caused(warping the brakes 3 times oops!), but it has been an excellent car! It has good looks, enough power to get out of it's own way, and it has been reliable. It's a "sleeper" in the sense you can save a ton of money over a Japanese car since they depreciate a lot, but are quite reliable

We Drive Excitment
By Drive Excitment! on 03/23/09 16:53 PM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 2dr Coupe

I bought this car because I have always loved Pontiac syle. Its a two door and looks mean. It has very good power from a v6 200hp, 240 supercharged but not worth the extra $$$. Reilability of these engines are suppose to be unsurpassed. Handling is very good and you can take curves and stuff faster than normal cars. As for some of this reviews below, these cars DO NOT have a timing belt! This is the old timing chain, pushrod, dependable motor that has been around forever! (since the 70s) As for the bad... Its not common to have a steering itermediate shaft go out... Bad GM design. *dealerships tend to try and replace the Rack and Pinion to cure this sound* beware its usually the shaft!

2000 Grand Prix
By Josh L on 05/22/08 19:18 PM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 2dr Coupe

Apart from being a sexy looking car, the Grand Prix is a great performer and very fun to drive. As with any Pontiac, though, its interior is plasticky.

Love it!
By Rodd on 03/23/08 03:34 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 2dr Coupe

Bought the car used in 2002 with 33K miles. Other than having to replace the crank position sensor (car would shut off while driving down the road), and ABS issues (which would correct itself after disconnecting the battery for a few minutes)and normal wear and tear items, the car has been fantastic. I have 123,000 miles on it and just love it. It is a great looking car and I still get regular comments on it. Drove it from Michigan to Florida in 2006 (1,800 miles) and average 33 MPG.

Pontiac Love
By Joe on 12/12/07 16:10 PM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 2dr Coupe

Love this car to death. I've had it just over 3 years now and have not had a single issue with it yet. The only money I have had to put into the car has been for gas, oil and the other liquids.

A lot of Mechanical Problems
By vgopaul on 08/30/07 12:21 PM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 2dr Coupe

I have had this car for going on four years. My driver side motor window went out, I have had to replace the timing belt, ball joints, get a new radiator, replace my entire power steering, heater coil, rocking pena (however thatÂ’s spelled), not to mention typical ware and tare on the car such as brakes (which I expect to pay for). I couldn't believe it because I take really good care of that car. I had a Pontiac before this and experienced the same problems. I will never by a GM product again. It is a very nice car, but mechanically it has costs me thousands. My entire family buys Pontiacs, but after two experiences like this in a row- it behooves us to purchase these vehicles.

I love this car!
By patte_a on 01/18/07 21:52 PM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 2dr Coupe

I bought the GP GT after driving a rental GP GT while my wrecked car was being repaired. I buy cars like most women buy shoes, but I will drive this car until the wheels fall off. It is by far the most dependable vehicle I have ever owned. The dealership has been fantastic for service. My stepson has already asked to buy this from me when he graduates from college. It is a definite keeper.

Still going strong
By Silver bullit on 01/04/07 08:12 AM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 2dr Coupe

This is my 2nd grand prix. I had my 1st for 125K. This one has 106K so far and I intend to take it to 130K or so. Just like the last one, the acceleration, handling,braking & traction control have always made me feel confident on the road. Some of the cheapisms are getting on my nerves. The maint record has been good, but not stellar. Outside of reg maint, I have replaced a ball joint, valve cover gasket, rr calipers, intake manifold, hood latch, struts and a few switches, seals & sensors in the 7 years I have had it.

This Car is My Baby
By Oneap on 05/21/06 07:26 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 2dr Coupe

Bought the car in 2003 out of a lease. It is the second car that I have owned and a real step up from my previous vehicle. I fell in love with it the day I saw it at the dealer. The only work I have had to do in 3 years is flush the coolant (preventstive maintenance) and replace the original battery (75,000 miles). The 3.8L engine and wide track suspension make it a dream to drive. Even though it is a 2000, I think it is one of the best looking cars on the road - the gentleman at the car wash place are particularly impressed. The picture for the vehicle on edmunds.com looks exactly like my baby. It is great car and I intend to drive it for some time!