Supercharged Excitement
By jduff72 on
1999 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 4dr Sedan
I upgraded my GTP to the SLP Ram Air GTX, with the added exhaust. This car is about the most fun you can have for under $35,000! There was a recall on the starter, which had already failed in my vehicle at 10,000 miles. The transmission blew at 65,000 miles. Fortunately, I have an extended warranty. Anyway - the car is blast to drive, but I question the reliability of the vehicle. If you drive it like a sportscar, expect high maintenance costs. The paint also chips very easily. It's the best car with 6 cylinders made by an American company.
Favorite Features
Torque - LOTS AND LOTS of torque. This car will easily bark the tires if you drop the hammer at 30MPH! The widetrack suspension also allows for some pretty high-G turns (it isn't a Z06 Vette, but it's not $50,000 either).
Suggested Improvements
Better paint. My rear bumper is speckled with chips from close encounters of the parallel parking in Chicago kind. My hood (this is aftermarket) had more dimples than a golf ball thanks to rocks and road salt. My '96 Berretta Z26 had fewer than 3 chips after 77,000 miles.